• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Bluuues!

Dirka

Hi all, I was descending down to Vintage this morning, looking forward to my first meet with my rebuilt 2002. I was driving down Hwy 1. At  half moon bay I had a bad feeling and decided to go home. Then one city away from my house the gas pedal broke (striped). I was stranded on the side of the road. I remembered this happen to a fellow faq member and he/she used shoe lace and got home. I did exactly that. It was ghetto and i only could drive very slow with hazards but i got home!!!! I put the car in the garage and notice it was making a weird metal grinding noise. I look at the driver side rear wheel and notice my caliper rubbing against the rotor. Then i notice the axle nut was loose. Literally, loosen it by hand. So, that could have been very bad situation on the road!!!!!!! I am glad that i made the decision to turn around...... I made final preps before i left but you'll never know!!! I swear I torqued it all down!!! oh well, everyone have fun and ill see you guys another time!

Edited by Dirka

Damian

76 2002

Dirka Dirka..

Sometimes these cars we drive have a way of telling you something is wrong, the broken gas pedal was enough for you to drive home slowly & carefully , ignore this little message & a disaster could have occurred , glad you are both OK.

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Sometimes these cars we drive have a way of telling you something is wrong, the broken gas pedal was enough for you to drive home slowly & carefully , ignore this little message & a disaster could have occurred , glad you are both OK.

Amen

75 2002 (atlantik) 1990 - 1993

73 2002 tii (malaga) 1994 - 2017

74 2002 tii (verona) 2023 - present