• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking For A Speedo In Austin

Gil. H.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I took my speedo to Rick down at Overseas Speedometer in the Rolling Wood area.  His prices seemed reasonable, quick and a few miles from my house 

I took my 140mph speedo from my Touring to Rick Borth many years ago. He was working out the back of his house then. From 20ft away (as I was walking up his drive) he said "that's an 02 speedo you have there". Can't fault him.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I was able to get a speedo from Creede here in Austin about a month ago and took it over to Rick at Overseas Speedo to have it checked out an cleaned up. He's about 2 miles from my place. Got it back in a couple of days and popped it in over the next weekend.

Easy as pie. Cleaned up the cluster while I was at it. Nice to have a speedo working again.

Gil. Hernandez
'73 2002 - Fjord Blue
Austin, TX

Rick worked on my 2005 Chevy truck cluster for me a few years ago.  I had a few gauges go bad on me.  Super nice guy and didn't in a few hours while I can an errand.  I had a few stepper motors that I had purchased on eBay thinking I was going to try and do it myself.  Chickened out and found Rick's website while researching.  I purchased a few stepper motors from him and he used what I had and I ended up with pretty much and all new cluster. 

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors