• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upholstery Material Source Other Than World?

So, the seat cushion material on my 74tii passenger side has finally split. Many years ago, I got material from World Upholstery to match (heat sealed pleats) and had my upholsterer do the sewing. Unfortunately, according to the person I talked with at World today, they no longer do that, they only want to sell me the full driver and passenger seat kit. Is there another source who sells the heat sealed material?

Thanks,

Andy74tii

FAQ Member #126

I just finished restoring my 76 and bought the seat covers via World and the seat cushions via the dealer.  Here is a link to my seats. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=150824598412815&set=pb.113863852108890.-2207520000.1372871339.&type=3&theater

It took me awhile tring to figure out what cushions to use as for the 2002 they are no longer available.  But I looked at a 77 320 and it was the same seat  I think I paid ~60.00 per cushion. I can dig up the part number if that works for you.

--Scott

1985 318i (My First); 1996 535i (Loved it/sold it); 1999 323is (My kid likes'em too); 2003 325i (BMW Buy Back)

2005 530i (Best Ride Ever); 2007 x5 (Loved the look, but not the maintenance); 1976 2002 (Bitch'in ride)

sclaverie

Hi, i am doing research form mu seats and door panels, Where did you get the seat covers and pads? 

Thanks

What's so hard to understand? He clearly stated, "I just finished restoring my 76 and bought the seat covers via World and the seat cushions via the dealer."

I realize you are relatively new to the forum, but all the questions you've posed lately have been discussed previously over the past decade. Please try a "Search," or at least look through the older posts. Your increase in knowledge will be worth the time spent.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

What's so hard to understand? He clearly stated, "I just finished restoring my 76 and bought the seat covers via World and the seat cushions via the dealer."

I realize you are relatively new to the forum, but all the questions you've posed lately have been discussed previously over the past decade. Please try a "Search," or at least look through the older posts. Your increase in knowledge will be worth the time spent.

John

Thanks for your helpful response. Can you please tell me where to find the meaning of World in this forum?And maybe where is the map to find which one is sclaverie's dealer?

Anyway, I do not think is really positive for the forum responses liker yours. Also, why don't you stop waisting your time writing if you are not going to help.

Thanks for your helpful response. Can you please tell me where to find the meaning of World in this forum?

I assumed he was referring to World Upholstery, as was referenced in the original post. I hope that's not a stretch.

And maybe where is the map to find which one is sclaverie's dealer?

How is his dealer any different than your local BMW dealer, unless his parts guys are more willing to look up the appropriate parts for these older cars.

Anyway, I do not think is really positive for the forum responses liker yours. Also, why don't you stop waisting your time writing if you are not going to help.

Steve went to a lot of trouble setting up the new forum - icons for the various article classifications, and the advanced search function, to mention two that can be helpful for those looking for a key topic, word, or phrase.

Please let me decide if spending time on this forum is a WASTE of my time. I'm trying to point you in the direction of a wealth of archived information. Happy hunting!

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

Guys, thanks for the suggestions. I've checked with World (Upholstery) and GAHH now, and they do sell the correct vinyl (perforated), but do not do the heat sealed seams unless you purchase a full set of the front seat covers, which I do not want to do. I am checking with SMS, and will update when I hear from them. So, unless I want to completely redo the fronts, my only option would appear to be finding a decent used rear seat cover, and using that material, as has been suggested in the past. My only concern about that is that I assume using 40 year old material will likely result in the same situation (torn) relatively quickly!

Thanks again,

Andy74tii

FAQ Member #126