• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sizzlerscheesetoast Gets Broadsided By Teenager. Body Shop Recs In So Cal?

BDB

Next time, go to Marcos Auto Body.

I had work done by Marcos in Pasadena on a Lexus, but when I called them, they said they work on newer cars and I'd be better off going to a specialty shop. But yeah, they did an awesome job on my Lexus, very professional from start to finish.  

Hello all,

Thanks for reading.  I've cooled down a bit, removed some offensive language, and wanted to say to the folks here if I've offended any of you with my colorful language, I am sorry.  I'm not good with people who lie, just one of my hot buttons.  

I wanted to let you guys know too about my conversation with Rob from 2002 Haus.  Rob read my post above and called me to let me know what happened in greater detail.  My adjuster guy called Rob to discuss and procure the part around mid June.  The part was then ordered by Ray.  Rob took photos of the part and sent it to Ray who was satisfied and ordered the part.  Rob built a crate for it and shipped it.  Rob then confirmed with Ray if everything was kosher.  Ray acknowledged everything was fine.  

During this time, I was getting no response (as written above) about the progress of the work.  As stated above Ray claimed that he wasn't happy with the part that Rob sent and that he was getting another part from Rob.  Rob clarified with me today over the phone that Ray requested it, but Rob denied the request.  What need to be determined now is if the damaged body was repaired or was the panel that was purchased through insurance used to complete the repair.

So that pretty much confirmed what I thought was b.s. and validates how this guy operates his business.  I'm going to talk with my insurance company and the BAR here in CA and let them know what has transpired.  

To clarify for the record one last thing per our conversation and subsequent email exchange:

I would like to also clarify one point (I know we shared a lot of information in the conversation).

What Ray requested was that if he could return the 1/4 panel for cash credit, which the return was denied (due to standard/company policy). This was after his confirmation and (before and after) his receipt of the part accompanied by photos prior to shipping.

Comment: this was the red flag that let us know that something was not right with the situation.  The last contact by the body shop was at least 2 months after receiving the part.  Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Edited by 2002haus

Parts inquiries: 2002haussales@gmail.com FAQ Supporting Vendor  www.2002haus.com www.bmw2002registry.com  Free Your Mind - Remove the Chains and Think