• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CV joint bolt thread size

bnam

What's the thread size on the 6 socket bolts on each joint? The ones on one side are about 1/2" longer than they need to be, so would like to get shorter ones, but I don't have them out yet to take to stoer and compare. 10.9 grade right?

Byas

Standard metric, M8x1,25 for stock ´02. For most E21 M10x1,5.

And I think they are 10.9. Not sure.

Edited by GreenSwede

Ola Gustafson
Sweden
-------------------
1975 Taiga Euro 2002 3685483 - Weber 38/38 DGMS - Pertronix Ignitor - H&R Cup Kit - TEP headers and Simons 2" sport exhaust - 3.91 LSD.

Some pics from my rebuild and install.  I ended up purchasing the kit from WuN (~$30 for ea OE kit) and was surprised to have get it within 3 days from Germany which let me do the install the same week.

Before... (this is after lot of cleaning :()

IMG_2996_zps4d2f3282.jpg

REady for assembly

IMG_2997_zpsd1b4aa60.jpg

IMG_2998_zps336b16b6.jpg

Assembled

IMG_2999_zpsaa2d2e1d.jpg

Installed

IMG_3000_zps362df9af.jpg

Byas

Did the Walloth & Nesch boot repair kit (A33211207036) include the CV dust cap and boot flange as shown in the photo on thier website? A kit I bought from another source did not. BTW, I use 12.9 bolts for this application (plus loctite and safety wire, but then I am paranoid...)

Fred '74tii & '69

--Fred

'74tii (Colorado) track car

'69ti (Black/Red/Yellow) rolling resto track car

'73tii (Fjord....RIP)

Yes, it includes the CV dust cap, the boot flange with boot already installed on the new flange, small end clamp, concave spring washer, and a new spring clip (and this clip has holes on the end and is easier to install/remove) + the grease.

I believe this is the same as the OEM set (which is also Lobro I think).

Byas

Yes, it includes the CV dust cap, the boot flange with boot already installed on the new flange, small end clamp, concave spring washer, and a new spring clip (and this clip has holes on the end and is easier to install/remove) + the grease.

I believe this is the same as the OEM set (which is also Lobro I think).

Byas

All hardware included in my kits from BLUNT.

IMG_7296.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"