• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Resistor Wire Location

backtrail69

My car currently has a Bosch blue coil installed on it. Since this coil is internally regulated I no longer need resistance in the power wire. (I know this isn't the optimal setup...but it's what I have ATM).

I started tearing into the harness yesterday and haven't been able to find a lump in the clear shielded wire running to about 3/4 of the way across my firewall. The wire doesn't seem modified at all and still has the ohm label near the coil.

Any hint to try and find the location of this thing?

Thanks

Isaac

'87 325 4dr, '74 2002

If you have desmogged your 74 you can remove the entire bundle of wires and replace it with a single wire (plus an additional one if you have electric choke and/or idle shutoff valve)

Remove the screw from the fuse box and lift it out, trace where the resistor wire plugs into the back of the box and unplug it, plug your new wire into the same spot and you are done.

74 Golf