• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

delete

CubbyChowder

when selling engines, it is important to post compression and leakdown numbers.

and to only hit "submit" once....;-)

haha I just noticed that it posted twice for some reason.

As for those numbers, I unfortunately cannot provide those. We did not do a compression test when the engine was still in. I've never done a leakdown test. I am not really experienced with engines, my dad is the one with the knowledge. If there is a way to get those numbers with the engine in its current state I'd be happy to get them. The engine did run great before we pulled it though, and the previous owner daily drove the car with no problems.

Sounds like a deal, a little info on block and head, what year block and head manufactered and what type of pistons, type of head do you have here, was it the original motor out of car you are building? Pictures of build, is that when you did head gasket or later? How far south are you, I am in California, 50 miles downstream form Oregon Territory. Kickin around ideas myself. Last thought, any chance of breakin up engine and tranny, would love both but really need fresh motor right now.

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way

Sounds like a deal, a little info on block and head, what year block and head manufactered and what type of pistons, type of head do you have here, was it the original motor out of car you are building? Pictures of build, is that when you did head gasket or later? How far south are you, I am in California, 50 miles downstream form Oregon Territory. Kickin around ideas myself. Last thought, any chance of breakin up engine and tranny, would love both but really need fresh motor right now.

Sorry this is all info that I don't really know, but I'm sure I could find out. I'm pretty sure it's the original motor. I apologize if this ad lacks important info, I honestly don't know too many specifics about the engine, I just know that it's healthy and in great condition.

Not looking to separate anything at the moment.

Sorry this is all info that I don't really know, but I'm sure I could find out. I'm pretty sure it's the original motor. I apologize if this ad lacks important info, I honestly don't know too many specifics about the engine, I just know that it's healthy and in great condition.

Some of this information is really easy to find out. For instance, what is the engine number? It's stamped into the flat boss at the rear of the block just above the starter. If this number matches your car's VIN, then it was the original motor. If it doesn't match your car's VIN, you can use a VIN lookup program -- Club BMW 2002 Columbia has a good one, referenced on this forum -- to find out when the motor was made. The head, on the other hand, is clearly cast with the head model and production date between cylinders 3 and 4 on the intake side. Your one photo appears to show it may be an E12 head, produced September 1972.

Good luck with your sale,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)