• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door Scuff Plate Rubber Strip

Som1else

Hey everyone,

Im trying to finish the door seals on a 1971 1600 and my replacement rubber door seal #51711813507 doesnt fit my scuff plate. Does anyone here have any info on where to get the correct one? I have posted a picture showing the difference between the new part and my original.

BMW1600DoorScuffPlateGasketdifferences_zps59455296.jpg

Guest Anonymous

There were two different sills. You may have the early ones blue/grey and the later ones are black. The rubber seal may be for the later one. Not sure if you can get the early ones.

I have the same two sets... got the left first and reordered and got the right.. which is correct for my 74.

I asked steve (blunt) and he was thinking it went in another place... I am using the one on the right as it slides into the sill strip and is held in place by the funky clips...

FOR SALE-----74 2002tii 2782194 Turkis, Megasquirt, Korman road sport springs, Bilstein HD shocks, 13" FPS Bottle Caps

I have the same two sets... got the left first and reordered and got the right.. which is correct for my 74.

I asked steve (blunt) and he was thinking it went in another place... I am using the one on the right as it slides into the sill strip and is held in place by the funky clips...

I ordered them from maximillian last summer and just got around to trying them out. I contacted them but they only get the ones on the left, or at least there isnt another part number for the ones I need. Will later sills fit my 71? Its been too long to return these pieces to max so im pretty much stuck trying to find some later sill plates to fit my new rubber bits.

I ordered them from maximillian last summer and just got around to trying them out. I contacted them but they only get the ones on the left, or at least there isnt another part number for the ones I need. Will later sills fit my 71? Its been too long to return these pieces to max so im pretty much stuck trying to find some later sill plates to fit my new rubber bits.

Late sills will fit and protect better albeit not correct. They look fine

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

The one on the right #51711808685/6 are the correct door seals which go up one side of their respective doors, then across the top and down the other side.

The one on the left #51711813507 is the seal for the bottom of the door. The slit seen in the "left" of the seal (as shown in your picture) is meant for the kick plate (grey plastic piece), which is secured by 6 sheet metal screws. This seal is glued in place with the glue applied to the "bottom" of the seal (as shown in your picture.

To complete both door seals, the following are needed.

51711808685 x1

51711808686 x1

51711813507 x2

1968 BMW 1600

The one on the right #51711808685/6 are the correct door seals which go up one side of their respective doors, then across the top and down the other side.

The one on the left #51711813507 is the seal for the bottom of the door. The slit seen in the "left" of the seal (as shown in your picture) is meant for the kick plate (grey plastic piece), which is secured by 6 sheet metal screws. This seal is glued in place with the glue applied to the "bottom" of the seal (as shown in your picture.

To complete both door seals, the following are needed.

51711808685 x1

51711808686 x1

51711813507 x2

What year car? I have a 74 and think the left seal will not work.

FOR SALE-----74 2002tii 2782194 Turkis, Megasquirt, Korman road sport springs, Bilstein HD shocks, 13" FPS Bottle Caps

What is the best way to attach them? The others slide into a channel..

No I meant the entire late sill. not just the seals pictured

Neither of those is a 685/686 seal though as stated.. Both the seals he has posted run horizontal

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com