Guest Anonymous

1976 BMW 2002 feedback

6 posts / 479 viewsLast Reply

looks clean.

Who cares what we think? if you like it, than that's all that matters.

If it were me, I'd focus on making it more reliable, handle better, stop better, and ultimately more powerful. I'm all about the drive though and looks come second. It's up to you what you want.

Guest Anonymous

Yes I did with a flamethrower coil.

I disagree about removing the tint on the windows. Our cars have, by modern standards (and from a purely design elements standpoint) rather large greenhouse glass. Tinting reduces the appearance of the size of the glass without taking away from the great visability it provides (it's why people wear dark clothing if they want to appear to be slimmer - and why white '02s look a little bigger than black ones).

Blacking out the "B" pillar chrome lengthens the appearance of the horizontal lines of the glass as well, making the car appear longer and less "squat".

You might also consider installing shorter springs (Eibach or H & R) to bring the car down an inch to an inch and half lower over the tires. This can help handling by lowering the car's center-of-gravity as well as improving it's looks. In '75 and '76 the cars came out of the factory a littler higher to meet new US government requirements for bumper and headlight heights. If the previous owner (PO) has not moved the aluminum spacer on the underside of the strut bearings to the top of the fender you can move these which will lower the front a ½".

Welcome to the fold.

Much information is available to you by utilizing the "Site Search" function at the upper, right corner of each page on this site.

Bob Napier

post-232-136676694018_thumb.jpg

post-144-13667669403269_thumb.jpg