• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Creaky recaros

robsanab

I have recaro SE’s that creak way too annoyingly now. Has anyone had this issue and is there something to be done about it? It’s difficult to identify the noise when you are sitting in it.

The SE’s are the cheaper seats, I wonder if certain things just wear out in them sooner. They are several years old but not a lot of usage since it’s one of two vehicles I drive… I weigh well under 200lbs… so there is nothing that contributes to abnormal wear.

The belt below is in good shape. It does seem a little different from the other recaro belts/webbing I’ve seen pictured. It’s one big plastic belt with a bit of fiction to it… there is a bit of noise when the seat cushion is loaded but the majority of the ‘creak’ seems to come from a stressed joint or something. Don’t know how these seats are constructed to imagine what might be rubbing on what. Then in the passenger seat there is an additional rattle at times… maybe from the seat back, because if I recline the seat forward and put my hand on the back it stops… nothing feels loose though.

I thought about maybe rubbing some silicon grease between the belt and the cushion to lessen that noise, but like I said there is something else

going on too.

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

I had a similar problem.... The headrest was the culprit, gave it a quick whack (downward), quiet as a mouse now....

I'll try that... I can see how maybe the rattle I talked about might come from the headrest. But there's got to be more to it... I mean it's creaks when I shift my weight back into the seat or even down into the seat. It's coming from the lower and hinged area of the seat... I just don't know what parts tend to create the noise, if they're just worn or loose. I'll try lubing up what i can see and get to.... maybe I can isolate it.

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)