• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RS door panels?

NoahTeates

These guys actually replied to a note on Facebook to say that they made these door panels themselves, but I wondered if anyone knew of something similar available here in the States:

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/09/the-2jz-bmw-2002-smokehunter/

I suppose we could find a metal shop to cut custom sheets of Al and maybe bead the edges, but I would think a shop could get enough interest for a run of 5 or 10 if they took the time to do it right and sew the matching straps. Does anyone know if some variation of RS door panels are available online somewhere?

Thanks a lot,

Noah

997 Launch Edition

89 Wrangler

76 2002 Widebody

I got the email--glad it's not just me. :)

I actually prefer the look of the carbon, and since there's no "original" way to do it, I figured why not?

I'm not familiar with the Aardvark wooden panels--what kind of price point are we looking at?

Best,

Noah

997 Launch Edition

89 Wrangler

76 2002 Widebody

Found these pics a couple years ago and wondering if it's someone on here? Totally dif from what you are looking at but the int and door panel is so well done I thought it was worth sharing.

post-16461-13667669043248_thumb.jpg

1995 Toyota Landcruiser

1975 2002A

1989 Dodge Raider (sold)

1974 Toyota Landcruiser (very sadly sold)

1994 BMW 530i (sold)

1992 BMW 325i (sold)

1970 2002 auto sunroof (sold)

Noah, the Aardvark plywood backing panels are $35 / ea. Porsche '73 RS/RSR Style Door panel Replacement handle With mounting Hardware can be found at Appbiz.com for $21. A couple yards of black vinyl is $68 at Pelican, but I'm sure you could find it cheaper.

All that's left is sourcing the leather straps and bezels / grommets which Appbiz may be able to help with as well.

Aluminum and a saber saw would be quick and easy-

I actually have a set that I've never bothered to put on the race car.

And if you've spent e160,000 on the car, why would you let your pedal box

area look like this?

t

post-16461-13667669078314_thumb.jpg

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL