NoahTeates

RS door panels?

9 posts / 1156 viewsLast Reply

These guys actually replied to a note on Facebook to say that they made these door panels themselves, but I wondered if anyone knew of something similar available here in the States:

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/09/the-2jz-bmw-2002-smokehunter/

I suppose we could find a metal shop to cut custom sheets of Al and maybe bead the edges, but I would think a shop could get enough interest for a run of 5 or 10 if they took the time to do it right and sew the matching straps. Does anyone know if some variation of RS door panels are available online somewhere?

Thanks a lot,

Noah

I like that idea for a track 02'. Looks really clean. Also, super easy to make out of any number of materials. If AL, any decent metal shop that water jets could cut 'em out nice, clean, and quick. Cool

sent u an email......I love the idea....always have...

in blk vinyl tho....like an RS

It should be pretty easy to do with some black vinyl and the Aardvard wood door panels.

that was the combo I thought of as well.........

great minds think alike.

I got the email--glad it's not just me. :)

I actually prefer the look of the carbon, and since there's no "original" way to do it, I figured why not?

I'm not familiar with the Aardvark wooden panels--what kind of price point are we looking at?

Best,

Noah

Found these pics a couple years ago and wondering if it's someone on here? Totally dif from what you are looking at but the int and door panel is so well done I thought it was worth sharing.

post-16461-13667669043248_thumb.jpg

Noah, the Aardvark plywood backing panels are $35 / ea. Porsche '73 RS/RSR Style Door panel Replacement handle With mounting Hardware can be found at Appbiz.com for $21. A couple yards of black vinyl is $68 at Pelican, but I'm sure you could find it cheaper.

All that's left is sourcing the leather straps and bezels / grommets which Appbiz may be able to help with as well.

Aluminum and a saber saw would be quick and easy-

I actually have a set that I've never bothered to put on the race car.

And if you've spent e160,000 on the car, why would you let your pedal box

area look like this?

t

post-16461-13667669078314_thumb.jpg