• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Volvo C30 owners here?

TonyHavana

I've read all the reviews, but looking for some first hand experience. Looking to buy a couple year old car to use as a daily driver. Not the Polestar.

They're not making them after 2013, and i think they look pretty great if I can find a non black, white, or 50 shades of grey version.

Newer car colour choice is abysmal, apart from Minis or Fiats.

TIA

Tony

Just an S70 owner who has driven just about every other Volvo out there, from a 144 to an xc90... I love the way c30's drive, but they're just so ugly.

Now, any other VOLVO owners on here?

1974 Malaga 2002 4282899 "Little Red"

1976 Polaris 2002 2374061 "Rusty Shackleford" 

1998 Dk. Blue Volvo S70 T5 "Carlene"- 221k Miles 

Thanks for responding Colin. But ugly? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think they look great, but then again I have always liked the P1800es. I've been considering Minis and Fiats, but want something with great seats because sometimes I spend a lot of time in my car for my job. I love Mini exteriors, but the interior is not to my taste. Plus they have known reliability issues.

Volvos have probably the best seats in the business.

Amen to the seats thing. Mine are wearing their 220k and 15 years of heavy usage very well (car was a commuter NYC to NC from 98-08)

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

I like the C30 interior quite a bit. It's the exterior, well, the back, that makes me sick. That's just my opinion.

On a side note, the black Volvo interiors generally hold up better than tan. (this is true even with the current ones)

Neat cars, the C30s. I don't own one but have driven several. The Polestar is noticeably peppier, but you can have a Volvo dealer upgrade any C30 (I think) to Polestar spec. Not sure the price.

They are fun to drive, but they understeer and the steering is nicely weighted but generally lifeless (pretty standard FWD driving dynamics).

One thing worth noting - if you can stretch to buy new, Volvo "throws in" five years of warranty, maintenance and wear and tear items. Tires are the only thing not covered.

We bought my wife an ex-loaner S80 3.2 with about 2,000 miles on it about three years ago. Got $12,000 off of sticker (actually a little more than that I think). It was about 6 months into its 5 year deal. 30,000 miles into it and we've had not one problem with it. Volvos seem to be the least problem-prone European cars and the least expensive to repair.

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

I prefer the front end styling of the later model C30. No plans to get rid of my 72 1800ES however. Agree about the comfortable seats, the seats in the ES came with adjustable lumbar supports, this in 1972.

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

I prefer the front end styling of the later model C30. No plans to get rid of my 72 1800ES however. Agree about the comfortable seats, the seats in the ES came with adjustable lumbar supports, this in 1972.

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

Back in the '80s I drove a friend's 1800es for about 100 km. through a pounding rainstorm. What I remember, is the wipers trying to keep up with the rain on that short windshield. Beautiful car, light blue, don't know whatever happened to it.

Speaking of that, do any of the newer (post-2000) Volvo's have better wipers? I just drove home in the hard snow we're getting and couldn't see a damned thing with the ones on my S70... the wipers on that car are atrocious.