Sign in to follow this  
Rocan

Gbarr- You are the man! Thanks for the seats.

4 posts / 664 viewsLast Reply

Just a thanks to Gbarr; Greg, you are awesome! I picked up these 320i seats from him since he was going to trash them, and they are a huge step up from the worn and beaten stock seats. I thought the black front and blue rears/doors would clash, but I think it looks pretty good. Looking forward to my next drive!

Below are the seats they are replacing.

228990_10151087614006395_1608393554_n-1_zps62dd8678.jpg

Interesting thing... The original seats have wires attached to them that attach to the metal webbing... Heated seats?! I wouldn't trust them in a million years, but still cool.

post-22717-13667667549604_thumb.jpg

Wires? Heated Seats?

More likely those wires are for the pressure switch (strip) for the seatbelt warning system.

I haven't looked, but I'd like to find that piece, as I'm interested in reconnecting the warning light and buzzer. Of course the buzzer would have to be replaced, as it was very annoying and EVERYONE disconnected it.

Seat strip? Where to look?

Wires? Heated Seats?

More likely those wires are for the pressure switch (strip) for the seatbelt warning system.

I haven't looked, but I'd like to find that piece, as I'm interested in reconnecting the warning light and buzzer. Of course the buzzer would have to be replaced, as it was very annoying and EVERYONE disconnected it.

Seat strip? Where to look?

Ahh! that would make more sense. I have them on both seats if you want them. No idea if they work. Mine were disconnected and my seatbelt warning light would simply go on and off randomly. The other two lights seem to be wired to my handbrake. I will eventually pull out the warning light and system and install a shift light in its place.

Picture was too large before; resized it and uploaded it.

Rocan, very gracious of you. I will look locally first for that piece. I always thought that it was ONLY under the driver's seat. I know the wires are still there, under the carpet. I'll have to check under the passenger seat as well.

Thanks for offering.

All the best.

Paul