• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Distributor vacuum advance part HELP!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My son passed and left me a 1974 2002. I found that the vacuum advance diaphragm is broken. The distributor is a 0 231 180 008. I am need of the vacuum diaphragm, cap, and points. Where can I find the diaphragm? Is this the correct distributor for this year? If I have to buy a used distributor which ones will work?

I'm fairly positive I have one laying around with a good diaphram. I will post pictures tomorrow. if interested I will post my e-mail address. you will not need the same dizzy, but if replacing the diaphram only, IIRC (if I remember correctly) the diaphram mounts on the high side of the dizzy and you will need the same vac advance unit.

Thx Daron

plates move freely and easily with some suction. gear looks very good. There are two types of points and condensors for 02 distributors. standard and reverse points, based on the mount orientation to the base plate, and condesors with square or rounded mount tabs. rounded tabbed condensors will fit into the square cut dizzies but not the other way around.

daronball at comcast dot net

post--1-13667667392744_thumb.jpg

post--1-13667667395606_thumb.jpg

post--1-13667667398259_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Special thanks to a special guy named Daron. Daron is giving me a distributor! Thats right giving me his distributor. No charge, no shipping no strings attached. Just a simple reguest to pay it forward. I am so stoked! It made my day and refreshened my faith in human kind. Thanks again Daron.