• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I dont know prices need help stripping a car "Sacrament

norm

Im trying to help a friend strip a 2002 roundie. It might be a 1602. The color is white. Here is the story, he crashed the car and dented the grill and hood beyond repair. He had spent a lot of money in the motor and suspension. Then he bought a second car and transplanted his motor/suspension over to his new car. So now what is left is a clean body (minus the front) with interior, lights, doors, glass and rear bumber , but with the front and rear subframes taken off.

I will have pictures today plus the vin #

So is it better to sell it as a whole for $

Or part it out piece by piece for $$$$

Id rather sell it all together, but I dont know a fair price.

Also the damage could be fixed

Thanks for your ideas.

Norm

916-995-0425

IF you have the time and space to part it out. don't underestimate the large amount of effort and space it takes to take apart, store, clean, pack, ship, track all the parts. while you may GROSS more by parting out, the NET after your time and space is accounted for is very, very low.

BTDT, hope not to do it again. not worth the loss of my limited free time to do it.

2xM3

but, to respond to your actual question, it entirely depends on the front end damage. If it was localized to the nose cone, it's fairly repairable. If the front frame rails got tweaked, much less so. How rusty is it? Post photos. If you want, you could email the photos to me (email link next to my name) and I'll host them and post them up here.

For individual prices, I've sold a full set of recovered seats for ~$200, door cards are entirely dependent on the condition of the card and covering, glass is not worth much because it's fairly widely available in the bay-area-ish due to people parting out rusty 2002s, and doors are reasonably available (there's an ad on Craigslist right now with four complete doors at $50 each)

The shorty rear bumper is sought after, but consider that a freshly chromed reproduction is ~$475, and price yours accordingly. I've seen bad ones sold for $100-150, decent ones for $200-250.