• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Emission parts for a 76 CA 2002

bigd1971

I have a '76 CA car, and I just removed all of the smog control. My car was completely original when I bought it this past June. I have every component of the smog control system, exhaust manifold, smog pump, all hoses, bolts and hardware, but who knows if everything still works as intended. The hoses are hard as a rock due to aging and heat. It will certainly pass a visual inspection. Let me know if you're interested. spkastner at comcast dot net. Stu.

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

I have a 76 I picked up a few weeks ago for a track car project. The emissions system is there and it looks complete. Car starts up and runs so it can't be all bad. I don't know if it all works but we could work out a deal...

Bring your car and tools and do the swap in my driveway next saturday.

mudchemist at h ot mai l dot com if interested.

Don't mean to jump in front of Seattle...just figured you would want a local option as well.

Mike D

#73 2002 Racer...now with 20% more quack

Still to many parts....

No worries, Mike. But, if you're going to R&R the entire system, including EGR, it will take more than one day, with the inevitable rusted bolts that don't want to cooperate and other surprises.

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

• 2 months later...

You will need a smog pump, EGR valve setup and associated plumbing and the thermal reactors. That's for the visual inspection. Will it pass?? What carb does it have?

Thermal reactors are a big problem. They are expensive, and generate a lot of heat which causes heads to crack. What a lot of people do is run the smog pump into an earlier manifold, with EGR valve and install a cat.

I have the smog pump, EGR and most everything else that came off an earlier car. You can have them, free. I don't have the thermal reactors. And I'm very local.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

• 2 months later...