• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Automatic pedal linkage spring (near pedal box)

farmorejustin

Hey everyone. So I've tried to do some searching about this but never found any specific pictures to how this goes. If this is a duplicate, sorry, but here it goes:

Where do the spring that attaches to the throttle shaft hook on to? When taking it apart, I seem to remember the pointy side of the spring in the foam covering (I got rid of that and just threw some adhesive backed roofing material). I don't know and I've spend a couple days scratching my head about it.

Lastly, the throttle lever when depressed says down to the floor instead of springing back up. I'm going to blame me for not tightening the clamp bolt tight enough, correct? I'm going to have to figure out how to adjust all this to spec later.

any help appreciated.

post-21822-13667664202145_thumb.jpg

1976 2002a

1978 Toyota Hilux

The long straight end rests against the pedal box and the hooked end goes over the arm that connects to the lower end of the vertical linkage up the inside of the firewall.

'71 02 - parts car with not many parts left

'73 02 - weekend toy and money pit

'74 04 - sold in '91

'03 325iT - for trips and bad weather

'03 50cc Honda Scooter - for my 2 mile commute

'06 50cc Honda scooter - wife's commuter

The hooked end attaches over the linkage arm. You need to create tension on the spring by rotating it before securing it to the arm. According to your photo the long spring end should be turned counterclockwise until it can clip under the lip of the pedalbox. That is why you have no return pressure on your accelerator pedal. Or is the spring possibly broken?