• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: roundie

wareal

Must have:

daily driver with minimal rust. If it has holes in it, I'm probably not interested.

1973 or older. I do not want a square tail light car.

Must be manual transmission.

Strongly preferred: East coast car. I'm in Virginia. AC (Or, how hard is it to install AC in a non AC car?). Stock body, original look. Original interior. Color: Inka or Golf. Others colors considered.

I sold my 1971 in 1980, about time for another 2002. Budget is negotiable.

1971 2002 Malaga sold 1980

1974 Bavaria Riviera sold 1980

1972tii Riviera now white HPDE car

1984 325E (new) Henna sold 1992

1995 ///M3 (new) Avus sold 2005

1971 2002 Riviera 2572059

• 2 weeks later...

I have coin of the realm, legal tender, cashola, a truck, and a trailer. I'd rather stay on the East Coast, but, I will travel for the right car and the right deal. I'll ship a car, if I must.

Round tail light, manual, Golf, Inka, Verona, or any blue except Fjord.

Start those cards and letters! Pics too!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Yeah,

I've got a 73, last of the roundies, with a rebuilt original engine at 44k.

The look of the car is all original with a small tear in the driver seat and small crack on the dash. The new mechanics on the car are: battery, rebuilt starter, external voltage, alternator, no-point ignition system(petronix). Comes with service records dating back to 77 maybe earlier.

The cars odomoter has stopped working and needs a new accelerator cable for accurate speed as well.

Asking 8200 on it.

Thank you!

Need email to send PICs

Guest Anonymous

"Collector Car Market Review Value Report

1973 BMW 2002 4cyl 1990cc (98hp SAE) 4M

#5 #4 #3 #2 #1

Coupe 925 2975 5675 8600 15300

Add:

Sunroof 5%

Deduct:

Automatic transmission -15%

Collector Car Market Review

Condition Guidelines

These are condition guidelines to help assess a vehicle's condition. Keep in mind that there are many factors that affect value. For example, a "barn find" may on the surface look like a #4 or #5 vehicle, but it's time capsule quality means it is worth more than it's condition would usually warrant.

#1 Excellent: A close to perfect original or a very well restored vehicle. Generally a body-off restoration, but a well done body-on restoration that has been fully detailed may qualify. The vehicle is stunning to look at and any flaws are trivial and not readily apparent. Everything works as new. All equipment is original, NOS, or excellent quality reproductions. (See show car description in How to Use section.)

#2 Very Good: An extremely presentable vehicle showing minimal wear, or a well restored vehicle. Runs and drives smooth and tight. Needs no mechanical or cosmetic work. All areas (chassis not required) have been fully detailed. Beautiful to look at but clearly below a #1 vehicle.

#3 Good: Presentable inside and out with some signs of wear. Not detailed but very clean. Body should be straight and solid with no apparent rust and absolutely no rust-through anywhere. Shiny, attractive paint but may have evidence of minor fading or checking or other imperfections. Runs and drives well. May need some minor mechanical or cosmetic work but is fully usable and enjoyable as is.

#4 Fair: runs and drives OK but needs work throughout the vehicle. Body shows signs of wear or previous restoration work. Any rust should be minimal and not in any structural areas. Cosmetics, body, and mechanics all need work to some degree.

#5 Poor: In need of complete restoration, but is complete and not a rust bucket beyond repair. May or may not run. Not roadworthy.

Parts or Salvage: Incomplete vehicle most useful for parts. Generally, take 50-60% of the #5 value.

© This page Copyright 1988-2008 VMR International, Inc. All rights reserved."

Looking for a strong #3 or #2 condition. Sunroof is optional. Manual only.

1973 or older 2002.

Guest Anonymous

Collector Car Market Review Value Report

1973 BMW 2002 4cyl 1990cc (98hp SAE) 4M

Coupe #5 $925 #4 $2975 #3 $5675 #2 $8600 #1 $15300

Add:

Sunroof 5%

Deduct:

Automatic transmission -15%

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I almost pulled the trigger on a nice 71 in Utah, but, I really didn't want Agave.

akerry you still out there? I never heard from you.

Good news is my war chest grows....

• 1 month later...

Mission accomplished. I flew to Providence RI and drove the car home Wednesday--575 miles. It ran like a champ. Jim and Jill, thank you for saving this car. Without your blood, sweat, and tears this car would still be in the field in New York.

1971 Riviera 2002 2572059 Black interior. Matching numbers (121 head)all stock except for 32/26 Weber, headers, and Alpina style wheels. It was the only car I considered that looked as good in the pics as it did in person.