• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mechanic/Garage recommendation Fairfield or South Ct

EINST

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a mechanic/garage in the Fairfield or South Ct area. I have a '73 tii in need of general maintenance and tuneup at the moment and other projects, ie: suspension and other things down the road.

Thanks,

Chris

einst: once, long ago; one day, some day, in the future.

http://sports-car-restoration.com/

splash.jpg

Plainville, Conn.

Sports Car Restoration is not a body shop.

Neither are we a service facility. We exist

to restore and recondition your automobile

to your exacting standards, be it to an original

as-new factory condition or completely

customized to the customer's specification.

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Thanks for the reply c.d.,

Actually Nate, i believe, at SCR was recommended by some friends who had a M-Benz done there, but that was a restore, I gathered that they it might be good for the more intensive projects i need, but not for tuneups etc. I would like to have someone go over the whole car with me, so i can get an idea of the future work i've been mulling over. When i bought the car, two years ago now, it was ready to be just driven, had been cared for by a meticulous and knowledgeable previous owner, but i haven't been able to get it on the road so much until recently and now just want to have a mechanic i can rely on who knows the tii's.

einst: once, long ago; one day, some day, in the future.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Guest Anonymous

Interesting site, but the closest garage it lists is 30 miles away, ugh.

I am near a lot of BMw dealerships, the car used to be cared for at those by P.O but i was interested in options. Perhaps the dealer is the way to go.

Thanks for the reply.

Chris

I'll second or third SCR. They do not just do restorations. They do pretty much everything from full on restorations to just basic maintenance type stuff and not just on 2002s.

They will do exactly as you ask and go over the car and discuss whatever your needs are with the car with absolutely zero bull.

When it comes to 2002s and you are in CT, SCR is a no brainer. And yes Nate, Matt, and the rest of the guys super nice, super knowledgeable and easy to work with.

Personally, I would not take my 2002 anywhere else.

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks! I will definitely check them out.

Great to get the recommendation from people who know.

Chris