• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flasher light on instrument panel works on one side Only.

All outside lights are working properly and on the instrument panel, the blinking flasher along with the clicking sound was working. Now only one side is flashing and clicking, the other flashes once only but click continues. What could be the trouble. And would converting to an Electronic Relay fix this problem or make it worse. Also previous owner says he disconnected the horn so no horn either. I've read that horn and lights share wiring? Or am I mistaken? I've been told that theres a brand new horn in the car.

Aside from the usual suspects, fuses, grounds, contacts, bulbs, listed in the FAQ section. Disconnect the battery and check the connectors under the signal fuses make sure they are clean and tight.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Look at all the bulbs that flash on the side that doesn't blink the indicator-

if they are too small (too little current draw) they'll do that.

As will poor contacts anywhere on that side.

The relay senses current draw by the load on it, and only

closes the indicator relay when there's enough.

It's rather sensitive- some would say too sensitive...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I had that problem, it was fixed by converting to an electronic flasher as detailed by someone on this forum.

Thannnnkkkk yooouuuu. That did the trick. Electronic RELAY conversion do it!!!! And thank you to everyone else that made helpful suggestions. NOw for the bumper conversion.