• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Wheel Identification

BPK2

My car came with this wheel which needs a horn button. It has nine attachment screws which is what Moto Lita and LaCarra use. However, I believe the Moto Lita wheels take either 3.5 or 4.5 inch buttons and the diameter of the hole in the wheel of my car is 3-1/16 inches (78 mm). The is no manufacturer's name on the wheel but it does say "Made in France." I sent the photo to LeCarra and was told they don't think it is a LeCarra wheel. Any thoughts regarding who made the wheel or where I could get a button that fits?

Thanks.

post-21500-13667659209576_thumb.jpg

They were OK wheels for the price, back in the day. Felt better than the stock wheels. They were about a third of the cost of a good Momo or the like so were fairly popular for us poor 2002 owners.

Those FF horn buttons didn't like to stay seated even when new.

The hard plastic ones were slightly better than the later soft plastic ones (as in the pic with the angled stripes). It always took some adjustment of the metal tab to get it to grip and stay. The horn was like a 'one shot' item. You'd press the button once to sound the horn, then the button would pop out of place.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes