• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swap & Show #12 on 5 May 2012 at the Brisbane Marina

The 12th annual Swap & Show is on for May 5, 2012 at the Brisbane Marina in Brisbane, CA. More details to follow as we get the things in place.

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

’73 Malaga— first car, now gone

'74tii Malaga

Yahoo wee NewBie here, hopefully there will be a Car Corral.

If I am truly lucky I get to find my first 2002 roundie. Wish me well.

Any chance there is hang out area to meet the guys and gals from NorCal Area?

......in search of my first 2002

Hi Steve--

I think the Swap & Show is just what you're looking for.

First of all, look at [http] to see a photo of last year's show. We welcome cars in any condition, so feel free to bring yours (Neue Klasse, E3, E9, E10 etc.). While you can come and look without registering or parking your car on the lawn, it's more fun to sign in (registration will come with a shirt; we hope to finalize the design in a few weeks) and discuss your baby with others. And also expect to see some interesting collections of parts for sale/trade. The raffle is fun, too, although right now we do not know how much participation the sponsors will have.

And watch the BayArea 02 page for updates as we get the details in place. For example, we will have Angelica's taco truck again (just confirmed today), which is keeping in the spirit of 5 May.

See you there!

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga

Hi Larry:

I will be seeing you....wel kinda cuz I dont even know what you look like. Thats okay....I see myself as a long term enthusiast for the 2002. I just need to buy a reasonably priced 02. I will arive in my trusty and very sporty camry. The hopes is, I find a great 2002 to call my own. Rest assured you see me posting pics. Thank you Larry for the link.

Steve PS : Of course i will register ...my first 2002 t-shirt.

......in search of my first 2002

• 3 weeks later...

Hi--

Some organizational notes--

Registration will be $20 (no credit cards) at the event only; no prereg. As before you will get a T-shirt and a single raffle ticket (more raffle tickets for sale...). We are planning a Q&A session instead of specific tech sessions. Event timing will be similar to last year and previous years (registration open 9-10AM).

Key activity organizers will be looking for a few volunteers for parking, clean-up and teardown.

With only 27 days left, details are falling into place. Look at [www.bayarea02.com] for last year's photo and a map.

See you there!

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga

Hi--

Some organizational notes--

Registration will be $20 (no credit cards) at the event only; no prereg.

See you there!

OK, see you there. Thanks,

John

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Anyone from the PNW planning on driving down? This one snuck up on me so I'm not sure I can make it but might be tempted to drive down on Friday afternoon. I'm in Portland.

Jason

'73 2002tii Fjord

'02 M3 Convertible Jet Back/ Imola

If you drive in your 02 and intend to sell parts,-where do you park?

Hi--

At registration (only on-site this year) our volunteers will direct you. I expect that sellers will park in a paved parking area to open their trunk or unload their truck. If you just have a couple of parts inside your closed trunk, some people park on the grass, place a sign on their seat, and show a sales item only when a prospective buyer expresses interest. Or leave their contact details on the sign so a buyer can e-mail or text to continue a sale. But remember, parking on the grass is for showing your car, not hawking parts.

Larry

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga