• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VDO Gauge Series to Match 2002 Gauges?

UroTrash

I'm getting ready to add some VDO gauges to one of my cars.

As far as I can tell, i should order "Vision Black" series gauges? Do these look like the best match for the 2002 or is there another series that's better?

Thanks!

http://www.vdodepot.net/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=68&Itemid=1

1970 Nevada 2002 Survivor

1975 Golf 2002 Project

1972 Atlantik 2002tii

They look about as close as you'll get. Only other ones that are close are the Cockpit series. Cheapest place to buy gauges is www.egauges.com, a number of guys around here have purchased their gauges from them.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

They look about as close as you'll get. Only other ones that are close are the Cockpit series. Cheapest place to buy gauges is www.egauges.com, a number of guys around here have purchased their gauges from them.

thanks for the egauges tip!

1975 Golf 2002 Project

1972 Atlantik 2002tii

If really depends on the gauge cluster you have. Since I'm using the older 'silver dollar' on my project, I went with the Series 1 VDO Gauges and I think they match very well. The only thing that would make them better is if the center part of the needle had the small brushed aluminum cap like the stock BMW gauges, but they still look darn good.

Since I'm guessing you have the later style gauges I would agree that the Vision series is probably the best match.

Tinker Engineering - 2014

Mica - 2000 BMW 323i - The one that started it all

Fiona - 1975 BMW 2002 - The Definition of Project Creep

Heidi - 1988 BMW M5 - The piece of BMW history

Silvia - 2013 Subaru WRX - Stock, for now

If really depends on the gauge cluster you have. Since I'm using the older 'silver dollar' on my project, I went with the Series 1 VDO Gauges and I think they match very well. The only thing that would make them better is if the center part of the needle had the small brushed aluminum cap like the stock BMW gauges, but they still look darn good.

Since I'm guessing you have the later style gauges I would agree that the Vision series is probably the best match.

Yes, I should have said, this is for a 1975 car.

1975 Golf 2002 Project

1972 Atlantik 2002tii

i got mine from egauges too. good place, good price. i went w/industrial chrome (which is now being phased out). Series 1 looks pretty cool.

I wanted the chrome to stand out a bit when going on the gauge panel i purchased from the guy who use to build them back in the day (lazer cut metal w/leather covering). i think he was mid west, but i can't quite remember his name. Super nice stuff. I just wish his name didn't escape me.

Dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0