• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Check out my new Automotive Website!

SailLaser

Hey guys, so the 2002 is coming along but over the past month I've planned out a sweet automotive website. Tonight I made it go live.

Check it out! and help out a fellow 02'er by LIKING the page on Facebook! The 500th person to like the page wins a prize! It would really mean a lot to me if you guys could do this for me! Get as many people as you can to like the page! I need to get the sites feet on the ground.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Enthusiast-Garage/277799522279493

www.enthusiast-garage.com

Carter- SA1L

1976 Alpina Replica- Stage 3 Motor

http://www.Enthusiast-Garage.com

Become a fan on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/EnthusiastGarage

Congrats on going live!! I too am trying to do the same thing. Who did go with for hosting and what did you use for designing the site?

NEED HELP WITH WEB STUFF!!! PLEASE HELP!!

Bern

"If ur not scraping, ur not low enough" dumpedDAILY

--------

02 BMW M3 SMG - R.I.P.

99 BMW 540it - Wife's car

73 BMW 2002 - SR2002

08 BMW X5 4.8i - Wife/family car

Good luck on the new site. I'm always on the search for well curated car blogs. I liked your site on Facebook by the way.

Now I am going to be critical about one thing on the site. Don't take it personal, because I don't know you. But my journalist/web designer side of me wants to say this.

Lose the "We Like Cars" slogan.

First, it doesn't need to be in quotations as it is not a direct quote, title of media (film, book, magazine) or attempting irony.

Second, it is redundant statement. It should be obvious by your site that you like cars. If you really want a mission statement on your top banner, go with something that illustrates your niche. What makes this car blog different? Is this a site about extreme cars? Is this a site for vintage German cars?

Lastly, the slogan clutters up your top banner. Your top banner is your marque. You have got this gorgeous yellow vehicle with a good website title in a memorable font. Why crowd it up with a slogan that isn't needed?

Checkout some of the other car site slogans out there:

Jalopnik- Drive Free or Die

Speedhunters- Car Culture at Large

Car and Driver - Intelligence, Independence, Irreverence.

Even if these slogans appear vague, they give a sense of attitude or a goal to the website.

I would say lose the slogan entirely. But if you really want something up there, maybe wait until after a few week's worth of posts. See what this site becomes. See what direction you take. After that, try to describe what you've created in a brief slogan.

Hope this helps. And once again, it is nothing against your site as a whole. Just trying to help.

I was taking a look at Wordpress and tumblr. I've been doing research on starting a blog forum and trying to figure out how everyone else is doing it. Im curious to know what canibeat, stanceworks, and hella flush used.

Bern

--------

02 BMW M3 SMG - R.I.P.

73 BMW 2002 - SR2002

the slogan is silly! haha

tumblr platform it looks like. I have designed php, html, and all that good stuff....... and for the average blogger I would just set up a wordpress site. Anyone can do it and its packed full of easy add ons, which allow you to get just about anything you want.

the slogan is silly! haha

tumblr platform it looks like. I have designed php, html, and all that good stuff....... and for the average blogger I would just set up a wordpress site. Anyone can do it and its packed full of easy add ons, which allow you to get just about anything you want.

Funny that you know about that stuff. I really need to talk to you. I have my site I want to launch. I'll be sending you an email. Look for it homeslice.

Bern

--------

02 BMW M3 SMG - R.I.P.

73 BMW 2002 - SR2002