• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine Tilt in degrees?

07GTIMYFAST

If anyone has a angle gauge laying around would you mind setting it on top of the engine in their 2002 and posting up what the tilt angle is? (on level ground please :)

like this:

motor1.jpg

I am enlarging the tunnel to fit the getrag 260 and need to make new trans mounts. Just as close read out as you can will do because the mounts I make will have a few degrees of adjustment. Thanks!

Thank you very much for that image, that will help a lot, the specific angle I am looking for is the front to rear tilt, which is not in that picture.

I would think it would need to be as close to level as possible but it seems as if the engine was tilted back a hair when it was stock.

Thanks again

Ah, sorry, didn't think of that. You might want a longitudinal tilt measurement that is referenced off the car body, rather than the ground. This is because the front/rear ride height measured off a car other than yours may be different due to aftermarket springs, front bumper height spacers, etc.

Fred

--Fred

'74tii (Colorado) track car

'69ti (Black/Red/Yellow) rolling resto track car

'73tii (Fjord....RIP)

The tailshaft of the transmission points straight at the center of the diff input shaft. You can find this with a small laser pointer thingy.

And that's going to give the "right" answer much better than anyones measurement.

Patrick Owens

www.OopsClunkThud.com

BMW 2002 US manufactured on April 17th, 1969, colour was Granada, paint code 023.