• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vegas Drives...

achilles

Hey All,

I'm going to be in Vegas for a quick fun trip at the end of November and my wife and I are thinking of renting a boxster or something fun to take a cruise for the day. Anyone have any fun suggestions for drives? Area is all new to me other than the strip...

Cheers, Chris

Age Quod Agis

two quick fun drives:

lakeshore blvd east out of vegas, left on northshore drive, drive along lake mead to the valley of fire. 3-4 hour round trip from the strip

charleston blvd west out of vegas, right on scenic loop drive through red rock canyon. 2-2.5 hour round trip from the strip.

these are parts of vegas 99.5% of the visitors don't see, great scenery.

1974 polaris A 4281992 (total resto with 5-spd conversion)

1976 jadegrun 2744974 (sold then killed by the new owner, grrrr!)

1976 sahara A 2392532 (sold)

1971 nevada 2571108(RIP)

There is a place called Catherdal Mountain ( I think). Twistie roads, big pines, a restaurant (local flavor) at the top. You can hike a trail to the top and picnic. The scenery is so not Vegas. Once when I was there it snowed.

On the way up there we saw wild donkeys in the flat lands.

For fun go to the Hoover Dam. Take your dam Porsche there. As I recall we continued on past the dam Dam and it was a nice drive. Have fun and take some Dam pictures for us.

Heading over To Death Valley is a Cool drive. Some neat low traveled roads and great scenery. I live 3 1/2 hours to the West and make the drive to Vegas at least twice a year usually going thru Death Valley. could provide details if it sounds interesting. tom at 02Again dot com

Second this wholeheartedly. I was out there last month and went to both Valley of Fire and Red Rock. Both are worth it. If you have some major free time, Zion National Park isn't that far away...

two quick fun drives:

lakeshore blvd east out of vegas, left on northshore drive, drive along lake mead to the valley of fire. 3-4 hour round trip from the strip

charleston blvd west out of vegas, right on scenic loop drive through red rock canyon. 2-2.5 hour round trip from the strip.

these are parts of vegas 99.5% of the visitors don't see, great scenery.

- Justin

1973 2002tii

The toolbox is where truth and contentment lie... -James May