• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DVD, VHS & Betamax heaven

8bit

One of my favorite bits of trivia from the Gumball was that they pulled the stock motor from the Camaro and put in a hi-perf unit. They blew that, put in another tweeked moter and blew that. They finished the movie with the stock motor back in the car.

Ahhh...the days before CG. When they wanted a flying AMC Matador for a James Bond movie...they HAD TO build a damn flying AMC Matador.

By the way- my garage stereo had to have both a CD player and cassette. The CD player part took a dump 2 years ago. The cassettes keep running.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

• 2 months later...
I saw Gumball first release growing up. Yes I am old. Bought a version off of fleabay. Pan and scan and MONo....Very last time I buy a vintage car movie. It really was disappointing...

I taped Gumball off TV the last time it was on. Years ago, so it's on VHS.

Gumball Trailer

Blue Thunder is pretty underappreciated. Nice featuring of the silver C3 Vette and Black n' Gold '79 Trans Am.

Blue-Thunder-1983-Front-Cover-3797.jpg

• 9 months later...
One of my favorite bits of trivia from the Gumball was that they pulled the stock motor from the Camaro and put in a hi-perf unit. They blew that, put in another tweeked moter and blew that. They finished the movie with the stock motor back in the car.

Ahhh...the days before CG. When they wanted a flying AMC Matador for a James Bond movie...they HAD TO build a damn flying AMC Matador.

By the way- my garage stereo had to have both a CD player and cassette. The CD player part took a dump 2 years ago. The cassettes keep running.

Most of the flying by the Matador was done by a remote control model, but it looked better than CGI, lol.

220px-Waynes_world_ver2.jpg

Bohemian Rhapsody

Mirthmobile

Showing my age...

I somehow still have the LP soundtrack for the original Smokey and the Bandit movie (IIRC bought either from Montgomery Ward or at Waxie Maxie's record store).

My first official home "stereo" was a Panasonic unit with turntable and 8 track player.

The VW I bought in 1993 came with an 8-track stereo connected to the stock dash-mounted speaker.

Neighbors were the only ones I recall buying a Sony BetaMax unit - everyone else had VHS units. Erol's was THE place to rent videos. Some local video rental places had their "back rooms" with mature-theme videos.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• 5 months later...
Showing my age...

I somehow still have the LP soundtrack for the original Smokey and the Bandit movie (IIRC bought either from Montgomery Ward or at Waxie Maxie's record store).

My first official home "stereo" was a Panasonic unit with turntable and 8 track player.

The VW I bought in 1993 came with an 8-track stereo connected to the stock dash-mounted speaker.

Neighbors were the only ones I recall buying a Sony BetaMax unit - everyone else had VHS units. Erol's was THE place to rent videos. Some local video rental places had their "back rooms" with mature-theme videos.

Remember the episode of Married with Children where Al wants Top Gun from the rental store, but Peg brings him back "Oh Heavenly Dog" on Beta?! :)

These days I see Debbie Does Dallas as more of an art house movie.

imagesqtbnANd9GcSY0kSRvpU6uajmxjQyo.jpg

imagesqtbnANd9GcTVHMDca3p8nJbevvSNo.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...