• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another new 2002 outside philly

Rattfink81

Hello, I just picked up a 74tii. Seems most the locals saw the for sale ad(silver 74tii in center city) It is pretty solid and seems to have all the original parts and goodies. One repaint, turbo flares and Alpine style front spoiler. All poly bushings in the rear and blistien sports and some kind of sport springs. Needs the front end rebuilt. Has some rust popping through the door corners and the spare tire well and rear shock towers need some love. I am also in to BMW E30's as I have slowly(2 1/2 years) been building and collecting parts for mine and I have parted three including one I rolled a couple winters ago(ice+off camber turn=shi**y morning) So I got spoiled by e30tech and rv3limited with the DIY and pages of stickys but I like the more mature tone here(not serious just not calling peoples mom's names) Im a lurker not really a poster but I do post if I feel I can be helpful. Thanks, Vic

74 2002tii

87 325

87 GTI

88 528e(i swapped)

62 Merc

Hi Vic,

I took a look at that car myself, but you bought it before I could make an offer. It's a good-looking car, and holy cow that exhaust sounds good. Are you planning on keeping the KFisch in there?

Matt

MattL

1976 BMW 2002 Pastellblau

Philadelphia 'Burbs

Yeah I got it a bit lower then asking and its driveable. The werid idle issue was mostly the dirtest K&N air filter I have ever seen creating a horribly rich condition. Love the exhaust and yes I'm hoping to keep the mechanical fuel pump till it craps out or I can afford a good carb set up.

74 2002tii

87 325

87 GTI

88 528e(i swapped)

62 Merc

hey congrats vic!

that looks like a really fun car.

if you are intrested i have a set of early injectors that are tested and ready to go. I also have both a used k-fish and a rebuilt one if you are looking for one.

talk to neal f and stone out your way. two great guys who are great 02'ers.

Dave (in pittsburgh)

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0

Dave, I'll keep you in mind on the injection bits but part of my deal getting the car was finishing my e30 for daily service and selling my e28. Plus the price of injection parts is out of my grasp for a bit. But I will look up stone racing and all.

I'm located in warminster for you local guys. I'd love to meet up with some of you to increase what little i known of 02's.

74 2002tii

87 325

87 GTI

88 528e(i swapped)

62 Merc