• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bramons notty 1976 02 finally getting organized on page 2

Hello all, new here but have had a love for 2002's since I saw my first one (about age 10) so here I am, almost 18 and picked up this old girl for $800 on 5/14/2011. I'm planning on doing a partial restore (removal of rust, new paint, freshen up the interior) and a few additional upgrades, roll cage, corbeau/recaro seats, and rebuilt engine. Any expertise and recommendation on color (probably respray it to factory) or I was looking at TechnoViolet (always loved it) Imola Red or Laguna Seca Blue, and finally the same grey from the 911 GT3 RS.

She's definitely rough, but I like to think she's a diamond in the rough, thankfully she's only got surface rust, no pitting, and no rusted out floorboards. I feel like I got a really good detail on it. Doesn't like to go into 2nd gear (need to get it juuuuust right or it grinds) and occasionally she runs hot (usually after a couple hours of driving around town) any ideas as to the 2nd gear problem are great.

Enough talking though, no one wants to hear a kid go on about his new car.

Here's Bella

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1986 El Camino and 2003 S8 (parents car, AMAZING piece of machinery) in the background

And any tips on a rough idle until it warms up (idles, barely at ~400-500 rpms until it's warm, and then idles fine at an even 1k) any ideas?

1976 BMW 2002 'Bella'

The BMW 2002 US VIN 2743187 was manufactured on May 12th, 1976 and delivered on May 13th, 1976 to the importer BMW of North America. The original colour was Sahara, paint code 006.

1986 El Camino 'Ellie'

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats on the buy! I love it when 2002's get recycled to the younger generation. We should hook up since I'm probably 20 minutes from you and the same age.

P.S. According to your list, you will be out of money in no time ;)

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

P.S. According to your list, you will be out of money in no time ;)

Oh yeah, definitely going to be out of money quickly :) it's okay though, rather put it into a car and have skills for the rest of my life than video games. But yeah we should definitely meet up sometime.

1976 BMW 2002 'Bella'

The BMW 2002 US VIN 2743187 was manufactured on May 12th, 1976 and delivered on May 13th, 1976 to the importer BMW of North America. The original colour was Sahara, paint code 006.

1986 El Camino 'Ellie'

Oh yeah, definitely going to be out of money quickly :) it's okay though, rather put it into a car and have skills for the rest of my life than video games. But yeah we should definitely meet up sometime.

That's so very true, plus a cool car gets the ladies more than being great at video games...

That's so very true, plus a cool car gets the ladies more than being great at video games...

exactly

1976 BMW 2002 'Bella'

1986 El Camino 'Ellie'

I would suggest getting it running well first. Interior is next, the chicks love a clean interior and paint is last because of cost and it takes a while to get it done right. I'm just upgrading mine with a little something every month if nothing breaks or needs attention; which is working well for me.

Oh yah, and wheels can make or break your car, so choose wisely. Wheels are right before interior in the process if your like me. I gotta have some flair!

post-19936-13667642817545_thumb.jpg

I would suggest getting it running well first. Interior is next, the chicks love a clean interior and paint is last because of cost and it takes a while to get it done right. I'm just upgrading mine with a little something every month if nothing breaks or needs attention; which is working well for me.

Oh yah, and wheels can make or break your car, so choose wisely. Wheels are right before interior in the process if your like me. I gotta have some flair!

love your car, looks very clean.

Oh yeah interior and paint will be last, along with all new windows and gaskets. looking at getting some BBS RS' 16x6.5 et 34(?) if I remember correctly. And just trying to diagnose the rough idle while it's warming up. Once it's running flawlessly, it'll get IE's sway bar and spring kit. Then just regular maintenance, and maybe some performance goodies (forged, ported, etc.)

1976 BMW 2002 'Bella'

1986 El Camino 'Ellie'

Thanks! I forgot all about the performance mods, those are always fun. I don't have swaybars, but I hear they are a great improvement for pretty cheap. Tires are my number one modification. I got new tires for my 14" wheels and it was like night and day. I couldn't even get them to slip on a slalom! (Only on the start a little, but that's the driver) Do your research and it will pay off!

+1 on being a teenager and loving these cars, yours sounds like a nice project.

Assuming your car is the blueish one in your flickr, it's so clean!

Thanks! I forgot all about the performance mods, those are always fun. I don't have swaybars, but I hear they are a great improvement for pretty cheap. Tires are my number one modification. I got new tires for my 14" wheels and it was like night and day. I couldn't even get them to slip on a slalom! (Only on the start a little, but that's the driver) Do your research and it will pay off!

I have an 86 El Camino with a partially built 350 small block in it, I use that to chew up tires, I am really only looking for about 175whp with this, and want it to handle like a go-cart.

1976 BMW 2002 'Bella'

1986 El Camino 'Ellie'

I have an 86 El Camino with a partially built 350 small block in it, I use that to chew up tires, I am really only looking for about 175whp with this, and want it to handle like a go-cart.

Sounds like you chose the right car!

The BBS rims you want look sweet on a lowered 2002 BTW

Sounds like you chose the right car!

The BBS rims you want look sweet on a lowered 2002 BTW

I love BBS' my dad used to have an 04 GLI slammed with RS' on it, been in love with them ever since. Or I'm trying to find some vintage wheels, like old Volks

1976 BMW 2002 'Bella'

1986 El Camino 'Ellie'

For some reason BBS just have that pimpin factor, not sure why. Does your car run well enough to come to Seattle this weekend? If it's nice I'll be going to MotorsportCollective which is a BMW oriented car show.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Motorsport-Collective-Weekly-BMW-Motorsport-Gathering-/176418122405363

I know the owner and if it's sunny he will probably bring a 1973 3.0 CSL

Now that can sport some BBS rims!

For some reason BBS just have that pimpin factor, not sure why. Does your car run well enough to come to Seattle this weekend? If it's nice I'll be going to MotorsportCollective which is a BMW oriented car show.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Motorsport-Collective-Weekly-BMW-Motorsport-Gathering-/176418122405363

I know the owner and if it's sunny he will probably bring a 1973 3.0 CSL

Now that can sport some BBS rims!

Oh it definitely runs great, just starts a little rough before she warms up. I drove her home from Olympia on saturday, going about 70-75 the whole way and she didn't pull at all. I'll definitely try to get down there, but my bday is thursday so I'll probably be with friends celebrating over the weekend.

1976 BMW 2002 'Bella'

1986 El Camino 'Ellie'