• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric Ignition

Wise-Man

Hey gang. I'm interested in learning more about people's experience w/ upgrading to electric ignition. I've got a 72' w/ a mechanical fuel pump and distributor.

Lessons learned? Brands/set ups that are good for someone who can't tune his own car?

Chris

--------------------

1972 '02 Riviera

1972 '02 Charmonix (Deceased)

1997 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Bamboo -- 4 SALE

1998 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro S-Line Silver

Yes yes yes. But, after nearly 500 posts perhaps some generous members of the board have an insightful reply?

Chris

--------------------

1972 '02 Riviera

1972 '02 Charmonix (Deceased)

1997 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Bamboo -- 4 SALE

1998 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro S-Line Silver

• Administrators

i think a lot depends on what you mean by electronic ignition. Are you just trying to replace the points in the distributor with solid state devise? Are you trying to replace your distributor with an ECU that will control everything in your ignition?

need a few more specifics :)

I went from points to pertronix as step one years ago to eliminate points. then added CRANE 6 ignition box and bigger cpil to get better spark, and now i run Electromotive TEC GT that controls everything about my cars fuel supply and spark.

Priceds are

Step 1 $100

Step 2 $200

Step 3 $3000+

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store