• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas tank check and repair cost?

bracohen

Got a quote which I believe to be too high today. Gentleman at the radiator shop told me $100 to have the tank pressure tested/cleaned and everything and most repairs end up less than $150. I seem to remember reading of much lower prices for the same thing but maybe I am mistaken. Should I shop around some more or does that seem fair? I was thinking of just getting a brand new tank...

I am doing the same thing and calling around tomorrow to see what I can find.

My other option is using the Por-15 tank sealant and do it myself. I am not against it ($73 bucks for the kit) but am concerned with the hazmat I have to deal with afterwards.

I'll post what prices I find here (Austin, Texas).

~Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

The Lotus Esprit is somewhat notorious for fuel tank rust and other issues, and these have 2 fuel tanks - one 11gal. tank on either side.

The place to repair them is Moyers Tank Renu. All the Lotus guys (and I'm one of them) swear by their work!

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

I paid $125 last month to have a Turbo tank cleaned, painted and sealed. Seemed like a better deal than $500 + for a new Tii tank. Anybody's DIY kit willl be $50 at least plus your time and effort. Take your choice.

post-19007-13667639280545_thumb.jpg

73 2002 Tii Sold

71 2002 Ti Vintage racecar

84 BMW 325 E-Prod racecar Sold

I paid $305 to rebuild out 1600 gas tank rusted out at the seams refurbished, stripped, welded, expoxied, and painted. The place is called Ace Radiator they do all the gas tank refurbishing for the The Werk Shop. I would gladly pay $305 because BMW no longer offers these tanks for sale. Oh the joys of owning a 1600!!!

2010 Mazda Miata GT PRHT

2011 Honda Civic LX-S(parts hauler)APPLIANCE ON WHEELS!!! Why would anyone drive this?????

1967 BMW 1600 EDDA 1528870

My Blog

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,353567/