• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

325es

bluebmw

JohnW, I think the differential ratio was the same for the e and es models. The difference is year--they started with the 2.79, then switched to the 2.93 at some point (1986 or 1987?)--and I think the 325es had LSD standard. I'm pretty sure my '87 has a 2.93.

Installing a 3.25 LSD from an E28 is regarded as the hot setup with a chipped E30 eta. I'm debating on pulling the trigger on one I found locally for a good price, but the prospect of $4 gas has me gun-shy...

And I think the i models had a 3.7x stock; it was the 2002s that used a 3.64. But I could be wrong on that.

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

JohnW, I think the differential ratio was the same for the e and es models. The difference is year--they started with the 2.79, then switched to the 2.93 at some point (1986 or 1987?)--and I think the 325es had LSD standard. I'm pretty sure my '87 has a 2.93.

Installing a 3.25 LSD from an E28 is regarded as the hot setup with a chipped E30 eta. I'm debating on pulling the trigger on one I found locally for a good price, but the prospect of $4 gas has me gun-shy...

And I think the i models had a 3.7x stock; it was the 2002s that used a 3.64. But I could be wrong on that.

-Dave

325i came with an open 3.73. The "is" models got a 3.73 lsd. The "ix" got a 3.90.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

I may be jumping into the e30 pool soon as well. I am looking to pick up this orpan'd 1989 2 door 325 with 118K on the O.D. for $350.00. It "needs" a crank sensor and some plug wires. The cloth interior isn't worn at all and the 5 speed feels tight.

Not rusty, just peeling clear coat on the fjord looking blue paint. Typical wet trunk syndrome from sitting in a lot for the last year. One little ding in the front valance. It was a 'wife's car' to a customer of a hot rod shop. The owner of the shop threw in the towel.. he's used to vettes and trucks.

Now if I could just get him to answer the phone..

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

The one thing I have to say about buying an unloved E30 is timing belt, timing belt, timing belt. The M20 has a timing belt on an interference engine. Not a big deal if you keep up on maintence, but a lot of people selling the cars didn't. If that belt eats it so do your valves at best.

73 Sahara

76 S52 swap of dooooooooom

01 540i-6

90 Range Rover classic (because 02s just weren't masochistic enough)