• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 Rear Sub-frame for E30 Diff DONE

2002haus

Is that because it'll push the wheelbase out? I do have overflares for the rear of my '02, I just haven't put them on yet.

It'd be nice to have disc brakes in the back anyways; then again, depending on how much wider it ends up being, it could limit wheel choice (and it's not like I don't already have '02 trailing arms).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The e30 arms will increase the track width around 2". It would eat up all the extra space under your flares. If you wanted to stick with 7" wide wheels it would be fine, but then you'd need 25mm spacers on the front to match.

Edited by eugene_'02

If you were to go with the e30 rear trailing arms you might as well just adapt the whole e30 subframe to the stock '02 mounts. That would save you from needing custom half-shafts etc. That's the route I'm going, but I gotta say if I didn't have the fabrication abilities that I do I would be all over one of these. Great work as always!

Tinker Engineering - 2014

Mica - 2000 BMW 323i - The one that started it all

Fiona - 1975 BMW 2002 - The Definition of Project Creep

Heidi - 1988 BMW M5 - The piece of BMW history

Silvia - 2013 Subaru WRX - Stock, for now

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Still making them? Need it for an SR20 build... Hopefully I can grab one. Great work!

NEED HELP WITH WEB STUFF!!! PLEASE HELP!!

Bern

"If ur not scraping, ur not low enough" dumpedDAILY

--------

02 BMW M3 SMG - R.I.P.

99 BMW 540it - Wife's car

73 BMW 2002 - SR2002

08 BMW X5 4.8i - Wife/family car

how does the exhaust routing work with this subframe? just from the pics, it looks like the stock routing over the frame won't work as the space is used by the diff mounts? curious....would an under subframe system be needed? I have custom 2.5in exhaust that is dang close as it runs through stock route.

2xM3

how does the exhaust routing work with this subframe? just from the pics, it looks like the stock routing over the frame won't work as the space is used by the diff mounts? curious....would an under subframe system be needed? I have custom 2.5in exhaust that is dang close as it runs through stock route.

Marshall if you look at Kris's pictures you will see where the mount area of the differential is designed to fit the up and over section of the exhaust. Thanks for asking.

Parts inquiries: 2002haussales@gmail.com FAQ Supporting Vendor  www.2002haus.com www.bmw2002registry.com  Free Your Mind - Remove the Chains and Think