• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MIntgrun 2002s near Pittsburgh?

vinceinIL

I recently came across some pictures of a Mintgrun 2002 that my younger brother had when he lived in California, probably about 9-10 years ago. He eventually sold the car when he needed less of a project car.

A few years ago, I got an email from a guy who had acquired the car, and if I remember correctly, he lived somewhere near Pittsburgh, PA.

The car as I remember it had, I think, a white driver's door, some miscellaneous dents on the body, pretty much NO rust, a worn out interior, 205/60/13s on stock steelies.

Any ideas who it is/was?

Thanks,

vince

Hey Vince,

I'm in the south hills of Pittsburgh and really try to keep an eye out for any and all 02's that are on the road. A mintgrun 02 is pretty hard to not notice. unfortunately i haven't seen one.

I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I see anything. If you remember the guys name and can find out anything on the car lmk. I'd be happy to help out.

Dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0

I live in the next county east of Pittsburgh, and have never seen a mintgrun in this whole area. It would be real hard not to notice, but this time of year most of us 02 owners are not taking our cars out in the snow and salt. Cliff W. in western Pa.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

I've seen a rectangular taillight mintgrun '02 in my area on occasion over the years....but that would put the car between Lancaster & Philly somewhere. Probably a different car. Oh, it "is" hard to not notice it! :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Thanks Guys!

I was curious if anybody knew of the car; it may very well be the one John has seen.

I have found 2002s and interesting BMWs near me that have never showed up at a club event or aren't on the internet, so they're out there, hiding in garages and yards. And I've seen some that disappeared and have never turned up.

Sadly, even though I keep almost every email I get for some reason or other, I must have deleted the one about this car. I will continue to search for info, maybe I'll be able to turn up a VIN, but I doubt it.

I confirmed that when my brother sold it, it had a white driver's side door, which would have made it real obvious unless someone had it painted..

Stay warm and dry,

vince

Thanks Vince.

I'll keep a look out for it.

No doubt my wife and kids are all fans and like to point out to me when they see one. I was actually going to have business cards made up to leave on peoples windows. But that never happened.

Are you sure it was Pittsburgh and not just PA in general?

Dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0

Hi Dave,

I recall that he said he was near Pittsburgh, but that could be almost anywhere in PA. I live in the Chicago area, but I'm 55 miles west of the downtown area, LOL. Plus, he may have moved since then.

I''ll try to dig up those pictures again and see if I can make out the license plate and see if there's a way to reverse trace the VIN.

vince