• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

we need more FAQs

'go search' is a popular phrase here ..and with good reason. There is a huge amount of useful information stored away in these databases, but there is also a ton of dead links, conflicting opinions/data, incorrect data, facts that have been proven irrelevant over time, and just plain information overload. Then there's the fact that we have two different methods of searching, both of which are ambiguous at best.

The FAQ section is a perfect idea with great existing content, but seriously lacking in volume.

I do this for a living, albeit with sales proposal content, so let me know if I can be of assistance in helping to enact my own suggestion. Absorption of data and regurgitating it back into concise packages is right up my alley.

• Administrators

This would be excellent. i am always looking for people to do some editorial work. We will publish articles. I can give you the ability to actually do it yourself if you wish.

Some articles in the "Construction" section need a little polishing. If you can do that as a start, I'll post them.

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

I was just thinking about this, too. There is so much info, but you do really have to dig for it. Here are some of the topics that come up all the time:

What's a good shop that works on 02s in some town/some state? What's a good body shop in _________?

Tires and wheels...what fits, what doesn't , what rubs, IDing wheels (does anyone know what these wheels are?), what's the hot set-up, I have original wheels, what tires fit/are still out there, etc.

Suspension...struts/shocks, springs, sway bars, etc. Could be an entire micro-site re "Stance".

A section called "this is how it's supposed to look" or something like that. Idea here is that there are a lot of Qs posted about whether something on the poster's car is right/correct/OK, or had been bodged over time. Related thought could be a gallery of pics of cars that are original so you can go look at pics for reference.

Carbs and setting up carbs and trouble-shooting carbs.

Driving lights/fog lights how to, general reference.

Big bumper cars - how to shorten / tuck the bumpers, how to convert to chrome.

Buying a used 02 - what to look for. There are a lot of "should I buy this car" or "I want an 02...what are the things I need to look for".

Instrument trouble-shooting and common problems/fixes. You know, the jumpy gauges, the gas gauge that works then doesn't.

I guess "common upgrades"...I'm thinking of Eurotrash's car here - S14 starter, better seats, 5 speed conversion, electronic ignition, limited slip diffs, relocating the battery. You know, those things everyone does or wants to do - how do you do them; what parts do you need? How hard is it to do?

Off the top of my head, those seem like the big ones.

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

I agree - but more time spent pressing keys creating said FAQs prevents actual work being performed on the project, which reduces the pictures and content for the FAQ article under construction. It's another cycle.

I'm a member of another forum (VW related) and their FAQ section isn't populated well - most folks keep asking the same things. I rarely post there mainly because I'm busy with the 2002.

Sometimes the fun of being part of a forum is doing the "search" homework.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"