• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seatbelt anchor relocation- how I did it.

ThatGuy

Can anyone tell me if there are two bottom holes on each side for the seat belt reel and end piece?  I have a '72 2002 and see only one hole.

Thanks.

Fran Ferrance

Ferrance@aol.com

there should only be one.  both "ends" anchor to the same place.

2xM3

Legand says that these belts were designed by a drug-crazed spider, it was the 70s after all. They are great on a first date... but I do like the improvements a lot. Nice post

1970 2002 "Hobby" car

When grinding the interior or exterior, I use painters paper for protection. I cut and tape it up with painters tape and gently mist it with water from a sprayer. It will absorb the water and usually puts out the sparks intantly on contact. It works great and is easy to work with.

Obviously have an extinguisher handy in case you fail.

• 8 years later...

Hi all - there is quite a bit of info on this topic of mounting the shoulder pivot point on the b-pillar.  I would like to point out some concerns here and see what the consensus is about the location of the shoulder pivot point. This article puts it about 5 or six inches above where another article states it should be - 32" from the center of the rocker panel? 

I am wondering if someone could tell me where it is exactly on the late model cars that have the shoulder belt stock from the factory?   

The folks who supply the anchor points say put them 0-8 inches above the seat back.  Another says 24 cm from the hole in the window frame and so on...

Perhaps a matter of taste and fitment of the belt across the collar bone but was really curious what a stock car from the factory had in terms of the location?

4 hours ago, Markster said:

Hi all - there is quite a bit of info on this topic of mounting the shoulder pivot point on the b-pillar.  I would like to point out some concerns here and see what the consensus is about the location of the shoulder pivot point. This article puts it about 5 or six inches above where another article states it should be - 32" from the center of the rocker panel? 

I am wondering if someone could tell me where it is exactly on the late model cars that have the shoulder belt stock from the factory?   

The folks who supply the anchor points say put them 0-8 inches above the seat back.  Another says 24 cm from the hole in the window frame and so on...

Perhaps a matter of taste and fitment of the belt across the collar bone but was really curious what a stock car from the factory had in terms of the location?

Ok so I just Measured a ‘76.  It is 820mm cl to cl between bottom bolt and top shoulder bolt. That’s if you hold the measure along the curved b pillar.   I think that will do it. Thanks to north bay Bavarian for the ‘76 to measure up!

• Like 1