• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door lock Actuator wiring questions

josh72ooh2

what are you looking for exactly ? i am electronic designer for DEI (been an employee since 2000, now consultant at home for them), i have tons of literature about all DEI products and 25+ years of install experience...

Douph! Where were you BEFORE i started the project! Just kidding.

But i'm finished now and everything works fine.

I was looking for a way to get the viper 350 plus and the 451m to work with my added actuators.

I wanted the behavior to be one click, drivers door unlocks. 2 clicks, passenger door unlocks.

I couldn't figure it out but Lane's diagram with the 3 relays worked perfect.

-josh

maybe you got confused with two types of door lock activation, one is called driver door priority and the other is plain all or nothing.

If you wanted just lock#unlock toggle then its a matter of programmation, if you wanted lock/unlock on seperate buttons then its a matter of programmation too but you only need 2 relays to do polaroty reversal in that case, and the last option which allows you to unlock driver door first then you need 3 relays and some more specific programmation...

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel