• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

got 1992 318ic --- online sources?

shipm_8

Life doesnt get better than driving near the ocean in a cab.Be prepared to switch your favorite older BMW choice.

Five exciting days of driving around with a car half the previous car's age has brought up this discussion at home: It's ok for me to substitute my 1972 BMW daily driver for a 1992 BMW daily driver, as long as the 1973 wife remains unchanged, Jessie pointed out....as UPS was dropping off a couple of boxes of parts for the E30.

Thanks for all the ideas. Those smileys look great; upgrading lighting is on top of my list.

Will be going over systems to learn them...in the meantime, there doesn't seem to be much to sort out so far. Driver seat is a bit quirky (mechanism gears seem worn, and backrest is bent), otherwise the interior is ok; dash is immaculate. A couple of switches are acting up, and I'm hoping cleaning the terminals with deoxit will do the trick. For what I am reading, installing a skid plate under the oil pan is popular.

Insurance saga on the tii is progressing, so hopefully I can turn the sonar to active mode soon. For now, this car is keeping me busy. Thanks again.

William

72 BMW 2002tii Inka, Tip Top

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

72 BMW 2002tii Malaga - stricken

William -

The Cabriolet looks very nice - but as Marshall said, the engine bay needs to get "ship shape" (I'm not talking about slathering a coat of battleship grey on everything).

I remember the first time I drove a customer's red E30 325i Coupe in for an oil change. It was pretty new and I was impressed by the entire package.

Working on any names for the 318 (and baby) yet??

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

A rock solid convertible sure is a nice thing to have, especially in a warm climate, William. I understand. You can't beat the open-air feeling and lack of blindspots. I still feel guilty for liking my $300 Dodge Shadow convertible that I owned for 2 years when I lived in Hawaii. It had no roof at all, was primer black, drainholes in the floor, had no carpeting, and beat to hell. But once the bugs were worked out, you really couldn't beat piling all your friends into the thing and cruising the north shore with no worries at all.

I don't drive my miata much in the summertime anymore, but it sure is a nice change when I do it.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser