• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

121 cylinder head fuel pump mount question (for a tii)

jgerock

Engine # 2762332 pulled from a 72tii.

There are (2) bolts installed where the fuel pump mounts to the head (for a carb'd car), but there isn't a hole in the block. Was it normal for the bolt holes to be present in 121 heads?

pics11282010033.jpg

My 73 with E12 head does not have the holes for the bolts.

injectorsmounted.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

You're too quick - I didn't see that last picture before my response:

What's the date stamped into your 121 head? Mine looks like June 72.

pics11272010013.jpg

This one has aluminum runners. Not sure if they are original though

pics11272010020.jpg

Jim Gerock

VIN 2761332, plastic runners - never been messed with, has a pair of studs (just like the carbed cars). The plenum has an extended, cast in, support that bolts to the studs. ....... never paid attention to that before. Glad you pointed it out to me. Learnin' sumpin new every day. ; )

mac.

The late '71 build Tii motor in my garage has those as well, and this one had been converted to aluminum runners as well.

Thanks Jason - do you know the date stamped into the KF injection pump? The one I'm working on now looks like August 1971. The date code is stamped on the engine-side of the pump (very difficult to read with the coolant hoses installed).

Here's the one from my '73

pics81408012.jpg

Jim Gerock