• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 fail

nothoumbs

Well I was at the shop with my brother starting to remov the motor cuz the shop owner said the motor well just the bottom end was so bad that the motor would not even start.so to save some money he said we could come in and take the motor out ourself's. So we did a couple of up and downs with the car on the lift you know to see whats the best way to free the motor, mount , tranny and headers and such. Well we put the car down where the tires just where touching the ground and I started but my brother well is only 5,5 (worthless lol ) so I lowered the car some more. well anther shop worker came in just to stop by and say hi and well we got him to help us out and see what he thought would be the best way to get that motor out. So we lifted it once again with no issues of any sort he ( shop worker) started to talk so we then lowered the car and I removed the headers. So now we started to lift the car and it got all the way to the top at witch point we all walked over to the tool box to get tools and then we just hear the car fall off. The only thing that saved my car was its long ass bumper. So the front got stuck under the front tire and lower control arm the fender got a good smacking but nothing I can't find other then that all the oil and gas leaked out of the car so we where more concerned with that then anything els I mean the car was stuck so it was not going anywhere els so we cleaned up that mess and let the car down and pushed it out and it was all ok. Then that when I had a FUCKING meltdown and was so close to smashing my phone on the ground but then I was like wait how do I post this if I don't have any pics lol. morale of this story is when a car is on the rack rock it first then proceed up

2002 fail

2002 fail

2002 fail

Thats some good suspension flex, almost could be a 4 wheeler :P Glad to hear nobody got hurt!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Ive always wondered if thats ever happened. Having a car fall off a lift. Thanks for showing me what it looks like!

But its awesome that none of you guys were under it. That woulda been all bad.

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD

That stinks, I hope you can still use the car.

Reminds me of this http://www.my914-6.com/crap/

now thats funny cuz its a rear wheel drive they should have know that was going to happen lol and yes the car is ok but if any of you guys have a spare bottom end for the 2002 that would be great i have about 250 bucks to spend on a good/ok motor let me know

I guess your car being RWD explains why it fell off to then... But that lotus is more the result of stupid techs that think they know where a lift point is, or have too much pride to ask someone who might know. And it's not just goodyear people, I work in a dealership and have seen alot of stupid shit from people that have too much pride, or too much stupid. That was in no way directed towards you by the way, I don't know your level of experience in working with lifts. People that work in shops, like goodyear, are expected to know...

And then sometimes freak shit happens, like this older tech I have talked to a few times that had a rack arm snap, and the car fell right on top of him. He was lucky to have only a broken leg. It was an Audi A4 4cyl. He said if it had been a V6, there would have been a catalytic converter where his head was.

1971 BMW 2002

38/38 DGAS

292 cam

TEP 4-1 header

Ansa Sport muffler

Bilstein Sports

H/R Sports

Full Urethane

Bavaria Control Arms/02 Tension Rods

IE adjustable sways

15x7 König Rewind

I guess your car being RWD explains why it fell off to then... But that lotus is more the result of stupid techs that think they know where a lift point is, or have too much pride to ask someone who might know. And it's not just goodyear people, I work in a dealership and have seen alot of stupid shit from people that have too much pride, or too much stupid. That was in no way directed towards you by the way, I don't know your level of experience in working with lifts. People that work in shops, like goodyear, are expected to know...

And then sometimes freak shit happens, like this older tech I have talked to a few times that had a rack arm snap, and the car fell right on top of him. He was lucky to have only a broken leg. It was an Audi A4 4cyl. He said if it had been a V6, there would have been a catalytic converter where his head was.

sorry I think I messed that statement up I meant to say its funny cuz correct me if I am wrong that car is a mid engine so you need to put the lifting point closer to the rear of the car. don't worry about calling me out on my points with out criticize how would we/I learn from mistakes right. I am only 24 so i don't know my shit yet. But like you said ( you have seen a lot of stupid shit from people that have too much pride) i feel sad for them lol. But all in all my car only has one crushed up fender other then that we got her to run yupEEEEEE