• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD! new 1974 2002 nose (not mine)

BMW0299

http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/pts/1988492202.html

Nose for a 1974 BMW 2002 - $125 (Hope Mills / Fayetteville)

Date: 2010-10-04, 2:25PM EDT

Reply to: sale-2vhsb-1988492202@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

New never installed nose for a 1974 BMW 2002. This is the part of the front end that houses the headlights and grill. This was bought for a car but never installed and has been in storage for several years. There is a very small amount of surface rust but not much. This is primed black. No screws bolts or other mounting items are included. Please call Philip at 910-426-5688 . Asking $125 OBO. Any reasonable offer will be considered.

As advertised, but better than the pictures. Nice guy, too. Took an 8 hour-long road trip tho...Long story, but a friend of his (had a BMW/German shop) house burned down and he was given all of the (mostly German) NOS parts from the basement, most in perfect shape, many in boxes and bags...set of Audi pistons, 928 cv boots, Lancia grille logo, 5-series glove box, etc. Said that the nose started at $500 on CL, and then when it was finally posted here, he had 30 or so calls. Wanted to know how to stop it...Said he'd post more 02 stuff as he figured out what he has. DV

He actually said to say thanks to whoever posted on the FAQ...said "what a nice group of folks..." (Until he met me, of course.)

Yes, Steve, I had to stifle a LOL when he said it...

He had a bag with a NOS gasket (that sort of looked familiar and the number was vaguely familiar) that he tossed in for $5..."if you cant use it, you will probably be able to find a BMW guy that can..."

Looked it up this morning; 51 31 1 817 764...late front glass rubber. Made my day. Rare to find someone cheaper than you, Steve! Damn long road trip, but good for my psyche to get out of town for a day.

Thanks, Raine, you made my week!

Dave V. in NC