• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where can I get a shifter knob like an E30

nbristow01

went by the BMW dealer in Dallas today. I saw a nice shifter knob, black, press on style. Had the 5 speed pattern on top. It was themore ergonomic style shift knob, not just a round one. I can not find one for my threaded shifter. Anyone know where I can find a new one of these for threaded mounting?

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Similar to the answer in Colin's post, use a short shift kit (or just the lever) from a newer car and you'll be able to use the push-on style shifter knob. Autosolutions.net should have something that would upgrade your existing set-up.

Nick,

the E30 knobs do fit. Just push it down and start turning it to 'screw' it down.

I picked up mine at a pick-n-pull and looks good (sorry about the crappy phone photo) Beaner7102.

post-17424-13667632123256_thumb.jpg

1971 - 2002 RHD VIN 1653940. Agave (stock with Pertronix & 32/36 Weber) - "Cactus"

1972 - 1602 RHD VIN 1554408. Fjord (with 2L motor, 5spd & LSD - Weber 40/40 to come) - "Bluey"

1984 - E30 318i VIN WBAAK320208722176 - stock daily driver