• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greater Seattle Area help/info needed

lazerfred

Hello fellow enthusiasts --

I am looking for the name of a guy who works on 02s up near Stanwood or Warm Beach; I used to work near there and would seemingly pass him once a week near Lake Goodwin going the other way (he had a lime colored 02 and mine is bright yellow; we looked like one of those sprite ads). At least I ASSUMED that was him; might have just been another enthusiast like me!

I ran into someone at the Marysville Home Depot who just had his white 02 beautifully restored by him and I was hoping to track him down and see about looking into the process of getting mine worked on. Just got a new job and this is looking more like something I'll be able to afford to do... I have a 72 roundie that is in relatively good shape, but is showing the age of being my daily driver for the last five years...

As an alternative, do folks remember the name/number of the guy in North Bend with like 75 02s around his property? He is a great guy and installed an electronic coil for me a couple of years ago, but I lost his number. My only problem with him is it is a massive haul to get to his place and ask someone to drive with me. But If I can't find the first guy's name he will do in a pinch.

OR as a second alternative, do any of you have experience with restoration and/or small projects that do this as either a side business or as a going concern? I'm in Mountlake Terrace...

Thank so much for ideas!

Richard in MLT

Hello fellow enthusiasts --

I am looking for the name of a guy who works on 02s up near Stanwood or Warm Beach; I used to work near there and would seemingly pass him once a week near Lake Goodwin going the other way (he had a lime colored 02 and mine is bright yellow; we looked like one of those sprite ads). At least I ASSUMED that was him; might have just been another enthusiast like me!

I ran into someone at the Marysville Home Depot who just had his white 02 beautifully restored by him and I was hoping to track him down and see about looking into the process of getting mine worked on. Just got a new job and this is looking more like something I'll be able to afford to do... I have a 72 roundie that is in relatively good shape, but is showing the age of being my daily driver for the last five years...

As an alternative, do folks remember the name/number of the guy in North Bend with like 75 02s around his property? He is a great guy and installed an electronic coil for me a couple of years ago, but I lost his number. My only problem with him is it is a massive haul to get to his place and ask someone to drive with me. But If I can't find the first guy's name he will do in a pinch.

OR as a second alternative, do any of you have experience with restoration and/or small projects that do this as either a side business or as a going concern? I'm in Mountlake Terrace...

Thank so much for ideas!

Richard in MLT

Send me an email.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2