• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOT E21

ought2

Actually, the euro lens only requires slight modification to the US housing. The only problem is with clearance for the little reflector that goes behind the bulb. On the US models, it sticks out a little bit too far and must be cut/ground down a little. So, a euro lens is actually pretty reasonable on a US car.

you're correct about what has to be cut away to make the euro lens fit...but so much of the bottom part where the attachment screw goes has to be cut away that there is nothing left for attaching the bottom of the bezel...

i rigged a short brass nipple behind the lens and had to use a 3 inch screw to reach sheet metal to fasten the bottom...and the euro lens fitted in the US bezel tends to tilt more to the

inside, towards the grill in the US bezel which causes a slight annoyance

Should I be making the flush, the clear U.S. style or both? Ideally, I would make both and at some point I will consider that, but for now, which is more desirable to E21 owners? I already have one side done for the clear U.S. style, so I'll go ahead with that for sure.

Esty, I'll be happy to take you up on your offer. Email me with details.

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Should I be making the flush, the clear U.S. style or both? Ideally, I would make both and at some point I will consider that, but for now, which is more desirable to E21 owners? I already have one side done for the clear U.S. style, so I'll go ahead with that for sure.

Esty, I'll be happy to take you up on your offer. Email me with details.

bob...that's your call...i sent you a pair of US lens...it was my belief that the majority of buyers might look at it like i did (after the fact) and prefer clear lens that are a 45 second install rather than goof a set of bezels

like i told you earlier today, had i known when i bought my euro lens how much had to be cut away on the US bezels, i would have passed on the euro lens