• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOT E21

ought2

This thread is relevant to my interests.

I agree w/ Esty, this is something that needs to be posted on Bimmerforums. The only way we can get them right now is from Walloth & Nesch in Germany (and to pay for the shipping to get them to the States).

Are you modifying stock lenses somehow, or are you making new ones? Also, what's the pricing?

Bluedevils: that is Attila/Boostede21's car in the pic. He's one of the BFc regulars.

The lens pictured is a new casting that I did from a mold based on an original lens. I haven't made the mold for the other side yet, but I'm very pleased with the way this one turned out. I'm sending this one off to Esty today for her to test fit. I don't anticipate any issues, as this is an exact duplicate of the original. Once she reports back, I'll do the other side. I haven't determined a price yet. It will be considerably less than the '02 flush lenses because I won't have to fit these to a bezel before curing and go through all of the handwork involved with that process. I'm thinking that $75 a pair would be what to expect. I won't have time to provide these sets for a couple of weeks, but again, there won't be any turn around time involved with core bezels, etc.

I don't know much about the E21, but have learned that the Euro flush lens for this model uses an entirely different bezel. If you were to purchase the flush lenses for a U.S. version car, there would be major modifications needed to make them work. You might want to ask Esty about her own experience with this. My lenses are clear versions of the U.S. amber lens, therefore, there would not be a fitment issue.

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Actually, the euro lens only requires slight modification to the US housing. The only problem is with clearance for the little reflector that goes behind the bulb. On the US models, it sticks out a little bit too far and must be cut/ground down a little. So, a euro lens is actually pretty reasonable on a US car.