• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Difficult Dad's Day

MichaelP

It's been ages since I've posted here, but it's been a difficult day. First the E30 decided it would greet me with a no-start, then the piano blew a wire and then the 1600's carb decided to drown itself in gasoline. OK, fine, I can manage all that, but then my own stupidity kicked in while dealing with the PSIT. Are the planets somewhere they shouldn't be?

Executive summary: I lost the PSIT's brass float pin. Does anyone have a spare?

I dropped the brass pin that fits into the brass sleeve on the Solex float and after an hour's worth of cigarettes later, I still can't find it. If you don't have a spare, any leads on where to source one?

Happy Father's Day.

MichaelP

BMW_CCA Blue Ridge Chapter

'71 1600

'71 2800CS

'73 3.0CS

'91 318ic

http://www.crismanpetrus.us

Guest Anonymous

I dropped the brass pin that fits into the brass sleeve on the Solex float and after an hour's worth of cigarettes later, I still can't find it. If you don't have a spare, any leads on where to source one?

Happy Father's Day.

I don't have any great ideas at the moment, but I wonder if you can't make your own replacement.

I was once stuck in a dust storm in the SW driving a Fiat spyder. The airfilter and carb sucked in so much dirt that I was unable to keep the thing running. I decided to clean the carb on the side of the interstate in the late afternoon with the sun setting. My 11 yo passenger distracted me and I lost the pin that formed the float hinge. I ended up trimming a nail found in the glovebox and all was well again. Eventually found the brass pin in my pocket.

Good luck.

a selection of brass rods (and hollow tubes) of varying diameters; just take your float down there and find the correct size rod you need.

Many hardware stores have a similar assortment (our local True Value store does).

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite