• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Totalled 2002, what parts do you want?

Hamburgers

Hey all, my beloved Atlantik Blau '72 2002 has been t-boned by a Ford Explorer, and the damage done is irreparable. I'm going to start tearing it down today, what all would you be interested in? Most of the trim -save the items attached to the trunk area, like the taillights- is destroyed. I have Bilstein suspension components, a complete, tuned m10 drivetrain, front and rear windshields, 2 complete sets of e30 basketweaves, strut braces...

You guys have been a fantastic resource to me, and I'd like to see these parts go to a good home, as they're starting to get rare in some cases. Drop me a line if there's something you're looking for and maybe we can work out a deal.

The car has become a secular sanctuary for the individual, his shrine to the self, his mobile Walden Pond. ~Edward McDonagh

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good to hear you're still with us. do you have any pics to share?

I may be interested in sporty, lower springs & maybe a set of weaves.

zip something to my gmail, please: solarspots.

“My fan mail is enormous. Everyone is under six.” —Alexander Calder

Ben — ('74 rebuild in primer)

Guest Anonymous

Sorry to hear about this Hamburgers...Another '02 down for the count. Hope you're all good, you can always get another one.

I am interested in the Bilsteins. Let me know what you got and what you want for it.

Thanks,

Justin

four spd bmw AT yahoo

parts needed:

Front strut brace, rear strut brace, Shocks, front and back Driver side door belt line trim and upper chrome trim with felt on the pass door. Center console.

could you please list prices of anything you are willing and able to sell. I am sorry to hear about your 2002. Hope you are ok.

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

Wow, I'm pretty shocked to see so many replies in so little time! Nobody was hurt except my car. I wanted to upload these photos to the FAQ, but they're too big. Instead, here's a Flickr album you may peruse:http://img651.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc00555p.jpg. In addition to what's been requested, I've included some general photos to show the carnage. It looks bad, but this was not a high-speed crash; I couldn't have been going faster than 28 or 30, and that Ford was almost standing still! Not that I'm trying to scare people from daily driving and otherwise using these cars as they were intended to be used, but be careful! Do your scheduled maintenance, wear your seatbelt, and you'll be okay just as everybody involved in this accident was.

For those who are interested in seeing the car in person, I live about 20 minutes north of the Loop in Winnetka. Call me anytime (I'm very unemployed) at (847)999-8679.

@Pablo and biker50610: The strut braces are front and rear Top-End Performance pieces, both in perfect condition.

@JProcket, here's a few photos of said rear bumper, it's got a little bit of rust on the bottom edge that's invisible to anybody who's not actively searching for it, but it's also got a small ding and the chrome is a little faded.

@Engineer Tim, the speedometer and odometer still work perfectly, as do all the lights and gauges, although the chrome on the bezel is peeling.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you guys, all the major image hosters are taking forever, Imageshack took over an hour. As far as prices go for this stuff, just let me know what you think it's worth and we'll work out some sort of deal.

The car has become a secular sanctuary for the individual, his shrine to the self, his mobile Walden Pond. ~Edward McDonagh

What springs you have on it? IE Stage 2 or H&R Sports I'm interested.

Nathan

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2