• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roundel Painting

nealf

Finished up the roundel for my Bavaria's hood last night. Took a look this morning and it looks kinda fake like a model paint job or like paint on some sort of ceramic piece. (guess it would since it was model paint that I used) Doesn't feel like it will wear real well on the car and probably will get mucked up...

Photobucket

nf

'70 2800CS

'72 Bavaria 3.0

'73 2002

brush marks whether you use a fine brush per Esty's suggestion, or drip it on with a toothpick as I do.

Actually that model paint is pretty durable. It's lasted on my car for about five years and doesn't take long to either touch up or completely re-do.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

give the blue two coats for it to cover properly. But it'll look nice and smooth...and will last longer than the factory paint too.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite