• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone on FAQ planning to attend Import Carlisle next week?

osbourne

Just wondering how many old Bimmers & their owners will be at Import Carlisle next week (5/21, 22 & 23). I'm planning to take my '72 2002A and I'm really looking forward to the drive out there on Friday morning (all back roads, of course) as well as to the event itself. I'll be splitting time between the car display area and the vendor spaces, where my local (Pittsburgh area) Triumph club will have 3 vendor spaces where we all hang out, drink beer and swap stories.

Hope to meet some of the FAQ group.

Bud Osbourne

'72 2002A

'75 2002

Guest Anonymous

Nittany bimmers will have a tent and parking for BMW'S There should be a lunch ,sandwich,chips,soda, so be sure and stop in!!! We usually have 50 -60 BMW'S ,LOTS OF 02'S I will be driving my e30 m3. working on my tii for vov!!!!

bimmerlon

Got my showfield admission last week as I'm planning to debut my 72 that I've been working on for the past three years. So far, I've been a "stealth" member of the 02 community but now its time to bring my car out into the light of day. I want to find out about Nittany Bimmers, and meet some other 02 owners. I plan to be there Friday, and maybe come back over on Saturday.

Kurt Strause

'72 Nevada (as yet un-named)

Nittany bimmers will have a tent and parking for BMW'S There should be a lunch ,sandwich,chips,soda, so be sure and stop in!!! We usually have 50 -60 BMW'S ,LOTS OF 02'S I will be driving my e30 m3. working on my tii for vov!!!!

bimmerlon

I'll do that. Thanks!

Bud Osbourne

'72 2002A

'75 2002

Got my showfield admission last week as I'm planning to debut my 72 that I've been working on for the past three years. So far, I've been a "stealth" member of the 02 community but now its time to bring my car out into the light of day. I want to find out about Nittany Bimmers, and meet some other 02 owners. I plan to be there Friday, and maybe come back over on Saturday.

Kurt Strause

Kurt,

I've been attending for about 20 years or so, although I spend about 95% of my time in the swap meet area, rather than the show field. I'd say that if you limit your visit to Friday only, you will be missing the best day of the event: Saturday. The Friday crowd is always a lot smaller, simply because a lot of guys can't get away from work on Friday, or have to spend Friday in transit. Saturday is absolutely the best day to be there (although I've always found the best (rarest, most valuable) parts there on Friday.

If any FAQers are in the vendor area and find they have developed a thirst for cold beer, look me up at the Western PA Triumph Assoc. space (C-66, 67 & 68). At the "back" of our vendor space, you will see a group of guys sitting on folding chairs surrounded by coolers. Just ask "where's Bud?" If I'm not there, tell them you are a VINTAGE BMW guy wanting to take Bud up on his offer of a cold beer. Don't be shy. The WPTA guys will take good care of you if I'm not there at the moment.

Bud Osbourne

'72 2002A

'75 2002

Bud's right !

all the good stuff gets found/sold on Friday!

most venders set up Thursday, and stragglers

fill in the gaps (swap venders) Friday morning.

Saturday is excellent - but the mud flaps, Blue Binder

repair manuals, and RACARO seats are already

swooped up Friday.

Don't miss either day............

come inside the Grand Stand Bldg and say hello

when you buy lunch. Great clean/warm showers for campers.

Nice grassy field is tent friendly.

Many vendors stay open late Fri/Sat eves - that's when you can

make great deals on those rare lights, 02 trailer hitches,

and new-old-stock MOMO steering wheels

ImportCarlisle03carlisleroundiessqu.jpg

ImportCarlisle02overview.jpg

ImportCarlisle03myboothinside.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Possible Convoy from DC MD VA

Dudley (Dudonly) - Verona 2002

Jonothan (JMGTI) - Awesome-mobile 2002 ti

Jay (Redskins JBS) - Will make it half way and break down b.c. his car never lets him do nice things (Possible Opel GT)

Me Dan (Dutchie3719) - Dirty ass 02 that hasn't run in a year due to my collegiate experience. (Dupid freshman rules)

Daniel Shor

Bethesda, MD

'74 2002 "Charlotte"

Half as old as my first car and I wouldn't have it any other way.