• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Converting 1602 into 1600ti

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi,

I am trying to convert my 1602 into a 1600ti, I have purchased the twin solex carbs, manifolds, air cleaner & have picked uo a 2002ti mechanical advance distributor so far. Any advice on what else I need to do, looking for linkages to carburetor as well.

Thanks

Don

Fishhead

----------------------

Motorcycle Big Brake systems

Be yourself and be free with your thoughts because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter..

Fishead

You are my hero! I missed your earlier post and link to the Top End kit and will finally be able to use those 40 phh's which have been sitting in the box for 30+ years!

I just bought a lower panel with BMW choke & cable off the FAQ for 'someday' and now I will actually be able use it.

Thanks

Is fuel efficiency really what we need most desperately? I say what we really need is a car that can be shot when it breaks down.

- George Carlin

Thanks,

You'll also need a sync tool to get the carbs synchronized.

I bought this cheap one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380208470104&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

It works OK, but I wish I would have drilled the manifolds for vacuum ports to use my motorcycle mercury carb sync tool. In the "linkage" thread above, MOJOJOY has his manifolds drilled to use the mercury sync gauge.

Fishhead

----------------------

Motorcycle Big Brake systems

Be yourself and be free with your thoughts because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter..

Guest Anonymous

would also need boxed rear trailing arms (ti,tii) and larger spindle struts with the accompanying hubs, rotors, and calipers (ti,tii).

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

would also need boxed rear trailing arms (ti,tii) and larger spindle struts with the accompanying hubs, rotors, and calipers (ti,tii).

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

Not for an original duplication of the 1600TI. That did not have the boxed trailing arms which were available only on the 2002 ti/tii/turbo.

And I am not sure if they had the ti struts either, that is originally. I am redoing my 1602 into a 1602ti and I will upgrade with these hubs and trailing arms.